Strange Sunday Happenings - Help Req'd Please

Choppa7

Reaction score
1995 C180 Elegance W202 - to get that out of the way

I just went to get in the car to go out and it wouldnt start, it seemed to not have any compression but after a couple of mnutes of trying to turn it over, it eventually fired up.

There seemeed to be a cloud of stuff come out of the exhaust but I'm guessing that could be down to over fuelling with it turning over?

I sat and revved it for a while but it now wont rev past 4k and bounces off the limiter instead of going round to 6k as normal.

The last bit of strangeness is that the bonnet wont lock properly, when it struggled to start I tried to open the bonnet but the catch seemed to be open and now when I shut the bonnet, it catches on the secondary lock which you open once the pull has been released, but it wont lock on the main lock

Any help/advice is welcome

Cheers

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The engine will not go past 4k in N and with the bonnet,go back into the car and push the opening lever forward, and the bonnet will close

OP
C

Choppa7

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply, do you mean as a rule, the engine wont rev past 4k in N anyway?

Also, I've tried the bonnet catch with the pull both in and out and I think there might be a fault with the catch, I tried putting the catch down with a piece of wire acting as the bonnet but it didn't catch then either :?

Thanks again

OP
C

Choppa7

Reaction score
Ok Thanks, I'll give that a try tonight when I get in.

I tried starting teh car this morning and it fired up straight away, I think the starter may have been sticking and somehow the bonnet catch issue came to light when I was wondering about the engine.

Too many things for my little head to worry about all at once :lol:

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom