Strange vibration/resonance through pedals c coupe

yamato

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c coupe 2014 1.8 turbo
Hi I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this problem.
It has me completely stumped. I have a 2014 c coupe 200cgi 1.8 petrol turbo which has only covered 3000km. I have this very annoying resonance which can be felt through the pedals (amg type automatic) which seems dependent on the road surface. If the tarmac is completly smooth then all is well but if there is the slightest ripple/band/bump/manhole cover whatever then I have the vibration through the pedals (accelerator and brake) I originally thought it was only the accelerator and that possibly the potentiometer within the pedal might be at fault. The pedal was replaced with a new one but made no difference. I previously had an S204 c180 kompressor 2009 model also automatic and never had this problem. I thought it might be due to the amg style pedals but can rule this out as well as I also tried just replacing the lever section with the standard rubber type instead of aluminium amg finish no difference. I then thought it might be due to the amg lowered suspension and wide section 255/35/18 tyres so fitted my winter wheels 225/45/17 all round again no difference. I took the car back to the dealer and they checked it over. test drive/ obd diagnostic no fault found. I assume the mechanic probably test drove the car with his saftey steel toe capped heavy duty boots on so perhaps felt little or no vibration. Any help/ ideas very much appreciated this is really ruined the pleasure of driving my car.
thanks

Robbostanhill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 Estate 2003 and *Her* C220 W203
I assume you've checked the mounts for the pedals and the steelwork/panels for cracks

OP
Y

yamato

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c coupe 2014 1.8 turbo
Hi ,yes checked the condition of pedals themselves no sign of anything unusual.
Judging by the lack of replies not to many idea's as to possible causes!
Going to ask dealership if may be they have a demo or similar car to test and compare

thanks for your reply

cheers

Neil.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom