Sun blind roller and sunroof not opening

Sammie-Jo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 Sport 2019 Plate
So my car is a a180 sport 2019 plate. Ive not had this car a year yet and all of a sudden my sunroof and sunblind will not open. It will not work pressing the button, by command or by my key. Fuse checked and all is ok. Everything else on my overhead control panel is working fine. Can anyone help? Mercedes isn't open to get it in due to covid 19 so just trying my luck on here.

thanks

andrew Slater

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi ES sport coupe / 2006 / 2148cc
So my car is a a180 sport 2019 plate. Ive not had this car a year yet and all of a sudden my sunroof and sunblind will not open. It will not work pressing the button, by command or by my key. Fuse checked and all is ok. Everything else on my overhead control panel is working fine. Can anyone help? Mercedes isn't open to get it in due to covid 19 so just trying my luck on here.

thanks
Hi,
If the battery has died or been removed for charging, then it should just be a case of resetting the sunroof operating parameters.
Which should be in the manual.
I have a 2006 C220 CDI coupe with panoramic roof. Due to lack of use during lockdown my battery died.
To reset mine I (already had the blind open, from before battery died) I pressed close until blind closed, and continue holding it after fully shut for a count of ten, then opened blind fully open plus another count of ten, then slid the roof open fully and a count of ten, and finally closed roof fully and a count of ten.
Hope this was helpful buddy.

OP
S

Sammie-Jo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 Sport 2019 Plate
Hi,
If the battery has died or been removed for charging, then it should just be a case of resetting the sunroof operating parameters.
Which should be in the manual.
I have a 2006 C220 CDI coupe with panoramic roof. Due to lack of use during lockdown my battery died.
To reset mine I (already had the blind open, from before battery died) I pressed close until blind closed, and continue holding it after fully shut for a count of ten, then opened blind fully open plus another count of ten, then slid the roof open fully and a count of ten, and finally closed roof fully and a count of ten.
Hope this was helpful buddy.
Its never died or been removed. It literally just stopped working one day, ive tried all the resetting ive seen online but nothing the sun shade doesn't even open. Ive tried to open it by hey mercedes. The Mercedes me app. And nothing. And my key doesnt open all my windows automatically while keeling your finger pressed on the button but it will close them. Having a nightmare here.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
2019 car, will still be under warranty, trip to dealers is in order!

andrew Slater

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi ES sport coupe / 2006 / 2148cc
Its never died or been removed. It literally just stopped working one day, ive tried all the resetting ive seen online but nothing the sun shade doesn't even open. Ive tried to open it by hey mercedes. The Mercedes me app. And nothing. And my key doesnt open all my windows automatically while keeling your finger pressed on the button but it will close them. Having a nightmare here.
Hi,
I'm sorry for the hassle you're having. I cannot think of anything off the top of my head that would result in any progress.
As a stab in the dark here, it may be a key coding issue! Best suggestion, to find someone who is "star" compliant or trip to dealer.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
All you can do without interfering with your warranty is look at the fuse chart and see which fuse controls the sunroof and replace it

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
if your dealer is closed and you can't get it fixed immediately, write to them (keep a copy), dating the letter, and detailing the fault. Tell them that you will bring it in to be fixed under warranty as soon as they are back in business. That way, however long they stay shut, you will have logged your fault within the warranty period.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
If this a car under warranty, just call Mobilo. Given the circumstances they will sent a MB tech out.
Big blue sticker on your A piller

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
If this a car under warranty, just call Mobilo. Given the circumstances they will sent a MB tech out.
Big blue sticker on your A piller
Excellent idea - just get someone to come to you.

Choppo

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA250

thanks
My 2020 CLA is the same, not 2 years old and I no longer have a panoramic roof or even the glass to look through as the blind is dead too.......Piece of crap. Needs a new "Control Panel" apparently and they have no idea when they can get one, it's on back order. First and last Mercedes for me, back to Audi. Merc customer Service is also terrible, no returned calls or emails. Will be handing this pile of sh1t back as soon as the PCP ends next year.

ChoopII

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA250
My 2020 CLA is the same, not 2 years old and I no longer have a panoramic roof or even the glass to look through as the blind is dead too.......Piece of crap. Needs a new "Control Panel" apparently and they have no idea when they can get one, it's on back order. First and last Mercedes for me, back to Audi. Merc customer Service is also terrible, no returned calls or emails. Will be handing this pile of sh1t back as soon as the PCP ends next year.
Update......Still no returned calls / emails from dealer, Mercedes UK have replied and "escalated" case......doubt that actually means anything. They obviously have no interest in customer retention, you can still order a factory build with a sunroof so WTF can't they fix mine?
More interestingly, every now and then on a nice day I sarcastically say to the kids "lets have the roof open" knowing we can't.........last week I did this and it only f***ing opened!!! and is still working just fine. So it's been broken for 4 months and has just suddenly woken up! It's gonna go again though for sure, bit worried to use it in case it's when it's open but I guess they'll have a way to manually close it?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Update......Still no returned calls / emails from dealer, Mercedes UK have replied and "escalated" case......doubt that actually means anything. They obviously have no interest in customer retention, you can still order a factory build with a sunroof so WTF can't they fix mine?
More interestingly, every now and then on a nice day I sarcastically say to the kids "lets have the roof open" knowing we can't.........last week I did this and it only f***ing opened!!! and is still working just fine. So it's been broken for 4 months and has just suddenly woken up! It's gonna go again though for sure, bit worried to use it in case it's when it's open but I guess they'll have a way to manually close it?
The manual operation handle built into the roof would come into play, at a guess.

There’s a massive difference between the plant having new sunroofs available to fit on the production line, and the dealer network having repair parts available.

Sorry to hear that you’re having such issues with MB, they aren’t covering themselves in glory in the U.K.

ChoopII

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA250
The manual operation handle built into the roof would come into play, at a guess.

There’s a massive difference between the plant having new sunroofs available to fit on the production line, and the dealer network having repair parts available.

Sorry to hear that you’re having such issues with MB, they aren’t covering themselves in glory in the U.K.
Thanks for your reply and input, good to hear there is a manual fall back. Just have to hope it doesn't start raining on the way to the dealer.
Apparently a Mercedes in the 80's was bullet proof, I know they had a bad period for rust in the late 90's. Maybe they're trying to save money in other ways today......Shame for a "premium brand".

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Thanks for your reply and input, good to hear there is a manual fall back. Just have to hope it doesn't start raining on the way to the dealer.
Apparently a Mercedes in the 80's was bullet proof, I know they had a bad period for rust in the late 90's. Maybe they're trying to save money in other ways today......Shame for a "premium brand".
No, it’s just a failure- these things happen. No car has ever been 100% reliable!

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom