Sunday Jobs

OP
T

Tazz666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 320 w208
Well I ended up only doing one job,The ball joints. And I decided it was to cold to do the bushes today but 1 job out of three is good enough for now. To be fair the bushes dont really need done at the minute, so they will wait,
The ball joints were past it even though they were new 3 months ago. That will teach me to get some off of Ebay, Passenger side was rattling like a soup spoon in a pot,and the drivers side was starting to go the same way.
So the moral of my story is dont waste money like I have done!. I'm the Idiot :0

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Well I ended up only doing one job,The ball joints. And I decided it was to cold to do the bushes today but 1 job out of three is good enough for now. To be fair the bushes dont really need done at the minute, so they will wait,
The ball joints were past it even though they were new 3 months ago. That will teach me to get some off of Ebay, Passenger side was rattling like a soup spoon in a pot,and the drivers side was starting to go the same way.
So the moral of my story is dont waste money like I have done!. I'm the Idiot :0

There are some good buy on there,,but best if they are branded god or parts and they do not have "made in India" on them

OP
T

Tazz666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 320 w208
There are some good buy on there,,but best if they are branded god or parts and they do not have "made in India" on them

I honestly can not remember what make they were,mate. I went to the local motor factors this time, not only were they round about the same price but they are branded parts and hopefully will last a wee smidge longer than three months,lol.
I just dont understand how the ebay ones went so quick,I dont hammer the car, I always try and avoid pot holes,when possible,and I always slow right down at speed ramps, Just proves its always a good idea to inspect your car from time to time:)

flagstaff

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'94 E220 Cab
My jobs: swap out the autobox on my E220 for a manual (bought a wrecked E200 for this purpose); then replace the diff, as it's whining; after that, just change all the bushings on the suspension, front and rear. Quick wash and polish, then it'll be time for lunch.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom