Super Fuels ?

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
does anyone have a link for us all to read the which report? it looks very interesting, but i cannot read it on the which site as i am allergic to subscribing unless it is F.O.C

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
does anyone have a link for us all to read the which report? it looks very interesting, but i cannot read it on the which site as i am allergic to subscribing unless it is F.O.C

I lost my confidence in Which when they gave 10 different drivers in 10 different cars some new tyres and then published the results from that

Juddian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124CE/1996/3199cc/LPG'd
I lost my confidence in Which when they gave 10 different drivers in 10 different cars some new tyres and then published the results from that

That's got to be joke Malcolm...surely.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
my car (when i have it) runs sh*te on tesco fuel, better on asda, and loves shell. no idea why, but as a result, i use shell.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
And the theory put forward for the breakdown of the hadron collider... it was to protect its own future...
non of it scientific of course.. ...Im using my handbrake from now on just in case the world is flat..

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
my car (when i have it) runs sh*te on tesco fuel, better on asda, and loves shell. no idea why, but as a result, i use shell.

You have a smelly diesel and I do not count that;):D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
And the theory put forward for the breakdown of the hadron collider... it was to protect its own future...
non of it scientific of course.. ...Im using my handbrake from now on just in case the world is flat..

It is flat,,and dont let them tell you otherwise

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Technically yes as it has to be released by hand then it would still be a handbrake, but in essence it is a parking brake ...but there again would the car be parked if it was stopped at traffic lighs etc.. and the brake used.. As long as it stops my car rolling of the edge of the earth then I dont care..

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
That must be why I continue to live life on the edge , Only 200 yards from the high tide line and next stop New Zealand !

New Zealand ha ,, I doubt it once you go off the edge thats it..bye bye

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Strewth, what happened to consistent test criteria, what a complete waste of time.

Perhaps they thought that a "double blind, cross over study" was not a great idea when testing tyres - even on a Latin Square? :rolleyes:;)

HelpThisDude

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C270CDI, R172 SLK55 AMG
When shell ran out of normal diesel a while ago (but somehow still sold V-power?) I switched to Tesco diesel.
Two weeks, on the same drive, same speed, same tire pressures, I got less alot miles from a tank each week. I do about 900 - 1000 miles/week of 'off-peak' (night shift) driving.

Told my results to an 'old boy' at work (who uses all sorts of 'fuel' in his diesel) and got shot down in flames! "what a load of rubbish!" He said, "its impossible" he said, "All diesel fuel was the same place".

I assume he is right, but even now when I use Tesco diesel I notice i have to fill up more in the week.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
When shell ran out of normal diesel a while ago (but somehow still sold V-power?) I switched to Tesco diesel.
Two weeks, on the same drive, same speed, same tire pressures, I got less a lot miles from a tank each week. I do about 900 - 1000 miles/week of 'off-peak' (night shift) driving.

When I use Tesco diesel I notice i have to fill up more in the week.

I believe you are absolutely correct - my experience with "City Diesel" precisely.

Top Bottom