Super Fuels ?

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Well we could do a forum based trial on these fuels .. everyone use say shell for two weeks record their usage and driveability then we could get similar cars to switch to supermarket fuel for two weeks , then possibly get the same similar cars to use differnt fuels ..basically establish a default or datum point for all cars and then use different fuels with records kept...

OP
T

truthfindergeneral

Reaction score
'I assume he is right, but even now when I use Tesco diesel I notice i have to fill up more in the week.'
Could it be that their gallon is not a full gallon ?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
'I assume he is right, but even now when I use Tesco diesel I notice i have to fill up more in the week.'
Could it be that their gallon is not a full gallon ?

Trading standards do regular spot checks on all fuel pumps

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Trading standards do regular spot checks on all fuel pumps

The main things for Trading Standards to check for are volume of fuel delivered and water content (esp diesel). There is an acceptable range for each.

A "shrewd trader", working at the limits of tolerance, can make himself a decent bonus. Remember, it is not that long since we discovered that the water content of cold meats sold by weight (especially chicken) was being manipulated in such a fashion, to the trader's benefit.

In those circumstances (lowest legal quantity of fuel, highest water cut), the motorist's mpg would suffer.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The main things for Trading Standards to check for are volume of fuel delivered and water content (esp diesel). There is an acceptable range for each.

A "shrewd trader", working at the limits of tolerance, can make himself a decent bonus. Remember, it is not that long since we discovered that the water content of cold meats sold by weight (especially chicken) was being manipulated in such a fashion, to the trader's benefit.

In those circumstances (lowest legal quantity of fuel, highest water cut), the motorist's mpg would suffer.

Thank you Alex,,I know that this is off topic but the amount of water that comes out of most meats is still very wet, by the time the sell by dates are up they are running in water, I trý and avoid them

antijam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SLK320
Thank you Alex,,I know that this is off topic but the amount of water that comes out of most meats is still very wet, by the time the sell by dates are up they are running in water, I trý and avoid them

The last pork chop I tried to grill would only end up boiled. Most supermarket meats should be sold as soft drinks!

'Refreshing pork-ade - water with just a hint of pig'. ;)

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
The last pork chop I tried to grill would only end up boiled. Most supermarket meats should be sold as soft drinks!

There was also a concern over trichinosis in the pork, but they managed to worm their way out of that one! :rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Wonderful LOL :D:D

antijam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SLK320
There was also a concern over trichinosis in the pork, but they managed to worm their way out of that one! :rolleyes:

Oh dear - looks as if we might end up hi-jacking this post as well.

I don't think that's going to meat with general approval.... ;)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP

I won''t buy supermarket meat as it rarely has any flavour and as you find is full of water. I've found an independent butcher who trades from a portacabin on a farm and his meat is amazing. Much cheaper than the supermarkets and with flavour. Bacon that doesn't shrink or have that white "PVA Glue" substance and sausages that don't taste of pepper.

antijam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SLK320
Shall we have a joint agreement to desist then?

That sounds like a crack(l)ing idea!

(.....and let's face it, it's not going to be much of a challenge if that's the best I can come up with)

Last edited:
Top Bottom