Suspension kit for w203

SamNotts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class C240 W203
Hi folks,

Is this advert on fleabay all I need for replacement of my car's suspension - springs, struts, and absorbers?

My W203 (2002, C240, Petrol) drives like a dream, but the underside is starting to show its age and am thinking of renewing some of the components. Having obtained quotes from various places it looks as if the job would cost at least £1500 with parts and labour (control arms, springs, absorbers, struts etc). I came across this listing and although it's evidently not original Mercedes parts, I was wondering if the parts are ok for my car: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/standard...rs-springs-Mercedes-C-Class-W203/273912543772
Many thanks

OP
S

SamNotts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class C240 W203
Thanks fellas. I'll check the manufacturer name with the seller

OP
S

SamNotts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class C240 W203
By way of update to this thread (instead of starting a new one) I didn't purchase this part. Instead, I got Rob and Pete at MB Centre Mansfield / Blidworth to have a thorough look at the suspension and they advised that there's nothing mechanically wrong with it besides the regular wear one can expect of a 16 year old car. There's a rattling noise which bothered me but they said it may be just a worn bushing because they couldn't find anything wrong with the car despite their meticulous checks.

This was around September last year and the only issue which they flagged up was that the 'front torque arm bushes' were split and play a bit so they'll need changing in the not too distant future. My plan was to save up and purchase a newer car this year, but Corona happened and that's no longer financially feasible. So, fixing and keeping the car is my only shot right now - which isn't too bad because the engine is crazy good. I've had it serviced without fail whenever servicing is due.

The only issue now is that the front judders like crazy when I step on a brakes at speed. Am I right in saying it is the 'front torque arm bushes' issue that may be causing this. Is there a more common name for this part at all? Also, I was quoted £420 to have both sides changed. Does this sound like a fair figure for this repair.

Many thanks!

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
I did the springs, shocks and top mounts recently using Sachs and Lemforder parts also on a C240. Including labour for the fronts (I did the rears) it was around £1k so to get it all done using quality parts for £1.5k is optimistic.

I'm really happy with the ride now. I had to change mine as there was a broken front and rear spring.

OP
S

SamNotts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class C240 W203
Thankfully my springs and others are fine according to the garage so unless there's something they missed it is the 'front torque arm bushes' (whatever that is! control arm?) which I now have to change to sort out the car.

Top Bottom