Swap Optical CD changer for MP3 player?

unklebert

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270/2002/2.7 Diesel
Hi,

having had a good look around for an upgrade from the factory fitted 6x CD changer with optical output to something that can just stream MP3s, I've come to a realisation that such a swap may not be possible at all. It seems that there's no suitable MP3 alternatives with an optical output that would fit the car (ML270 2002).

I've got a hard wired FM transmitter installed already and it's not too bad but a bit cumbersome as you need to always have your phone/iPod connected.

The introduction of the new Pioneer SPH-DA120 is very welcome but will set you back by around £500 - not sure I'm ready to part with that much dough.

Anyone have any luck with upgrading the changer to something that'll either play MP3s or stream audio via Bluetooth?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Do check to see if the MP40 is compatible with the 163, just google search MP40

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Hi,

having had a good look around for an upgrade from the factory fitted 6x CD changer with optical output to something that can just stream MP3s, I've come to a realisation that such a swap may not be possible at all. It seems that there's no suitable MP3 alternatives with an optical output that would fit the car (ML270 2002).

I've got a hard wired FM transmitter installed already and it's not too bad but a bit cumbersome as you need to always have your phone/iPod connected.

The introduction of the new Pioneer SPH-DA120 is very welcome but will set you back by around £500 - not sure I'm ready to part with that much dough.

Anyone have any luck with upgrading the changer to something that'll either play MP3s or stream audio via Bluetooth?

Yes. All you need is this;

https://www.commandonline.co.uk/Dension_GW500_LITE_D2B.html

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom