T-Cut Aftercare

Lerpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz C220 CDI Classic
My C220 was off the road for 15 months and I'm sorry to say I ignored it. Now it's back on the road I T-Cut it with one of the coloured variants and she's now beautiful again.

Should I now cover it with any other polish as I'm not sure whether T-Cut acts as a barrier as well as a cutter:Oops:

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
A good coating of a quality wax ..especially one that contains carnauba wax will help protect the finish.. T cut is only an abrasive cleaner ..

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes as Xtractorfan,,just use a good polish and it should last well

LYNALL

Reaction score
Go to halfords and buy meguars clay bar leaves the paint amazingly smooth, removes all the dirt and crap leaves paint feeling like new glass.

Lynall

OP
Lerpy

Lerpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz C220 CDI Classic
What exactly is clay bar? Is it instead of wax or as well as wax.

A

Azz1n

Go to halfords and buy meguars clay bar leaves the paint amazingly smooth, removes all the dirt and crap leaves paint feeling like new glass.

Lynall

+ 1 from me. :cool:

I used to clay bar my BMW E36 Convertible and the result was amazing.

It was a very dark/deep midnight (Montreal) blue and the results of a few hours hard work with the clay bar etc was outstanding.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1311&_nkw=meguiars+clay&_sacat=See-All-Categories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=yfEfLGL59GI

Last edited by a moderator:

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
What exactly is clay bar? Is it instead of wax or as well as wax.

Clay bar is used to remove the paint contamination and if it is followed with quality Wax, the results can be very very pleasing.

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
T cut must always be followed with a wax coating. When you T cut the paint it actually cuts a thin layer of paint hence open for damage which then needs to be protected with a wax coating

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom