Tank strainer again,sorry.

gunslinger

Reaction score
Ok I have had a problem with my 1990 124 250td with fuel blockage.
The garage who towed me in said he took out the strainer and it was not too bad so they blew the pipe through with air.

Obviously this will have displaced the gunk but not cured it.
Problem is I really cant get my head around how this strainer actually filters the diesel before it is pulled up to the pump,as it doesnt seem to be anywhere near the pickup pipe.
I know this has been asked before but no one seems to have answered the question.
Or does anyone have a source for a diagram of the tank internals.

I am running on 50/50 veg which has been filtered to 5 micron which is finer than the main filter. I do understand that this will occur from time to time and am now crying a spare strainer and have ordered a 22mm hex to undo it.

GS

Number_Cruncher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 E300D TE
The root cause of your problem is the poor fuel you're using.

OP
G

gunslinger

Reaction score
Sorry but how is 5micron filtered oil poor quality fuel??

GS

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
thge veg oil cleans of any waxy varnishy type deposits that have built up on the inside of the tank, fuel lines etc over the years. this is where your "gunk" is coming from. seems to be common among users of vegoil/biodiesel etc. particularly the biodiese made from waste oil rather than the stuff you buy at major outlets

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom