Telephone W169

DREW1952

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 SE Classic
Can anyone help please? I've recently bought a 2006 A180 (W169) It's a Classic SE and I'm wondering if it's possible to hook up my mobile to use the car controls. The handbook talks about looking in the armrest and installing a cradle or other device - trouble is this model doesn't have a central armrest!! It seems a shame to have the keypad and the controls on the steering wheel and not be able to make use of them. Incidentally my phone is a Nokia 5800.

Thanks

N

npuk

The Classic SE doesnt have an armrest so the connector for the bluetooth cradle is in the centre console. Picture of what it looks like below. You will only have it if your car has the optional telephone pre-wire.

Connector: http://www.comandonline.co.uk/images/D/ML_HFP_connector_384-01.jpg

If it has then you can buy a bluetooth cradle. I would recommend the ViseeO. http://www.comandonline.co.uk/Cradles-and-Bluetooth-Adapters/

If it doesnt the options are to retrofit telephone pre-wire but it is expensive or use an aftermarket kit like the Parrot bluetooth kit. Other option is to upgrade to the newer Audio 20 unit found in W169 MY2009> it has full bluetooth built into the headunit so no cradle needed. They often come upfor sale on ebay.

OP
D

DREW1952

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 SE Classic
It looks as though that feature remained on the options list! Shame really to have such prominent controls and then to find that there isn't even any pre-wiring. Thanks for the suggestion about a later version of the Audio 20, though - that's worth following up. Is there a surefire way of identifying this later version?

OP
D

DREW1952

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 SE Classic
That's brilliant, thanks.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom