The £340 wine and ebay 300CE 24v - update

lanciaman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 Cabrio (A124) - 1994
Well, not too much to report aside from it passed the MOT! Well, it didn't but all it needs is a number plate bulb, a front anti roll bar mounting bracket and the exhaust welded (well a new one ideally). However, exhaust will be welded and then will get it on the road to see what the running issue is. Not had a good run yet, but seller said it got undriveable when warm, then undriveable more or less all the time. Seems ok so far when warm but a bit dodgy at cold start. Not very happy. Struggles to idle and can stall when put into Drive. Perhaps OVP relay.....

Interesting project for minimal cash though :D

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
all MB sold..V70R now ;-)
:lol:...was thinking about this earlier in the week:D...glad the balls rolling on the project;)

keep the updates coming;)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You will make it like new before long and it will be a dream motor car

OP
lanciaman

lanciaman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Working on it. 2 new wings coming. Need to treat the rear arches. Have got some chrome covers coming (ugh) but will paint them as per body and will run the car for a few weeks/months. If it behaves then will get them properly done. HATE chrome arches with a passion, but I willl crack on and attack the rear arch corrosion and treat, stick these on for the time being and go from there.

Happy days! :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I agree paint the arch covers and they will look OK,, you are going about it in a wise way, you are in pocket already

OP
lanciaman

lanciaman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cheers Malcolm. Have to say this 124 is giving me a thrill that has been lacking a while on the car front. R129, Lancia Thesis, fiat barchetta, subaru 3.0 wagons. Great cars all, but this 124 is right up my street. I need therapy!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cheers Malcolm. Have to say this 124 is giving me a thrill that has been lacking a while on the car front. R129, Lancia Thesis, fiat barchetta, subaru 3.0 wagons. Great cars all, but this 124 is right up my street. I need therapy!!

These coupes have a timeless quality about them,. spelling out Mercedes at their best, I would love one but I have too many cars as it is :(

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom