The 5-digit postcode lives on!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi, I have Garmin sat navs, and I have a Jag XJR with sat nav, both 7 characters. What is the point of 5 character sat nav, and how do you use it if say you have a post code CH43 7LD ? Maybe I am going to order my next car from NASA with space GPS installed in it, and then perhaps I could time travel home /
Regards, parkman :lol:

The most annoying part of the 5 digit post code is, if you do not have a name of a road you are stuffed. So I enter the first 5 digits, and it gives me a list of roads,If I do not know the road and I cannot enter "center" from this point on, so I have to start all over again:(

parkman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI Avantgarde 2004 + W126 500se 1983 + W124 260E 1991
5 digit sat nav

Hi, So having a 5 digit sat nav is completely pointless then. It will take you to a town and then leave you to find your own way to the address, come back the old A-Z map books. I have a collection of A-Z's in the attic for nearly all the big towns/cities in the UK - AND I still know how to get places using them. I said to a neighbours' son recently that I could lend him an A-Z of London, as he wished to go somewhere, and he looked at me as if I had two heads. "Use a map ????? Are you mad, I be hours trying to find anywhere !!" I suppose that's advancement for you, but "the young ones" will be in big doo-doo if we have nuclear war - at least I will be able to find the underground shelter on Beswick Street :lol:
Regards, parkman

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi, So having a 5 digit sat nav is completely pointless then. It will take you to a town and then leave you to find your own way to the address, come back the old A-Z map books. I have a collection of A-Z's in the attic for nearly all the big towns/cities in the UK - AND I still know how to get places using them. I said to a neighbours' son recently that I could lend him an A-Z of London, as he wished to go somewhere, and he looked at me as if I had two heads. "Use a map ????? Are you mad, I be hours trying to find anywhere !!" I suppose that's advancement for you, but "the young ones" will be in big doo-doo if we have nuclear war - at least I will be able to find the underground shelter on Beswick Street :lol:
Regards, parkman

In 1953 Just before I went self employed I did service calls all over London and used the A toZ it was fine an easy to use and I used to remember the well known through routes and short cuts. I bought my CL in SE London and decided to use one of the through routes I new so well to get back to Herts on a Saturday morning, 4 hours later I had not even made it to Harrow.

parkman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI Avantgarde 2004 + W126 500se 1983 + W124 260E 1991
5 digit sat nav

Hi, I've never been to Harrow :p Should I put this on my "Things to do before I die" list ??
Regards, parkman

TimSKemp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 Cdi 2012
That would be my 212. It is audio 50 aps, and yes it is an edition 125.

That plus its inability to play nicely with my phone is making me want to do a comand upgrade... Anyone want to buy an aps50?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Malcolm, just out of interest, where did you buy the ceramic brake pads from ?
Regards, parkman

Always Ebay and brakes4u, there is only a couple of pounds difference between all the sellers

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom