The end of F1 ?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I think the 6 nations is one of the "Crown Jewels" that have to be on terrestrial - like Wimbledon, FA Cup final and maybe one or two others. Like many, we'll be glued to the TV this Saturday!!
Report on it on Radio 4 yesterday about the investment company that bought and sold F1 gettting into Rugby. About £100M to each of the 6 nations and then pay tv which would upset me greatly.

Likewise I’ll be watching tomorrow and wishing I was in Cardiff

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Loads of new Sponsors inc title sponsors for Williams and HAAS

Sky are doing F1 for £10 a month with no contract, the coverage is excellent, way beyond what has been done before, they really have taken it to the next level
I agree, the coverage is really good. Plus, if you pay for HD there is no extra charge.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Must admit the sites do get deleted so it's often a different site each race, and of the 20 links only about 6 work...but setting up laptop 10 minutes before and searching for "f1 free live streaming" or something always works after 2 minutes of trying links and waiting for one that works and is good quality.

As I understand it the UK anti piracy laws are much much more invasive and far reaching than the ones imposed by the EU, as are the proposed bans on pawn, etc. This might explain the difference or it might just be Spanish ISPs don't enforce it...whether it's a UK/EU/ISP issue a VPN should sort it out...
My mate watches whatever sport he likes for about £80 a month, problem is during an event one of the channels go down, also, doesn't seem to be able to find HD content.

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
My mate watches whatever sport he likes for about £80 a month, problem is during an event one of the channels go down, also, doesn't seem to be able to find HD content.

Then he is getting ripped off if that is someone providing illegal feeds as he could be getting them for free from the same sources. They are just aggregating them to him.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Then he is getting ripped off if that is someone providing illegal feeds as he could be getting them for free from the same sources. They are just aggregating them to him.
I don't know what the name of the service is, I just know he has access to all sport channels all over the world. that was meant to be £80 per year, not per month.

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Kodi and some add-ons and he could probably replicate it for free. Leaving the legalities to one side of course.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Kodi and some add-ons and he could probably replicate it for free. Leaving the legalities to one side of course.
He used to run with Kodi for a while and I think had enough of it going down all the time, this new setup is fairly reliable, we did watch the Eubank jnr on it without any issues. Not for me though.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
He used to run with Kodi for a while and I think had enough of it going down all the time, this new setup is fairly reliable, we did watch the Eubank jnr on it without any issues. Not for me though.

Kodi is fine provided it is maintained properly and updated regularly. Addons come and go and you need to keep up with the ones supplying up to date and good quality streams. Cough!;)

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
BT keep writing to me telling me someone is using my service to share copyrighted material without permission apparently a VPN will be useful anyone know of what or who to use.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Kodi is fine provided it is maintained properly and updated regularly. Addons come and go and you need to keep up with the ones supplying up to date and good quality streams. Cough!;)
I've given up on Kodi. I used to use Exodus but it got all inaccurate and when you started to stream something it was often something completely different.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I've given up on Kodi. I used to use Exodus but it got all inaccurate and when you started to stream something it was often something completely different.
That sounds all too familiar. We're fine with paying the over the top prices for Sky, we hardly go out, don't smoke, drink too much and enjoy watching tv, and I enjoy the HD F1 coverage.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
BT keep writing to me telling me someone is using my service to share copyrighted material without permission apparently a VPN will be useful anyone know of what or who to use.

BT keep ringing me to tell me similar, and that they will disconnect my internet after the call. I get those calls once a week, but still have the internet, from a different ISP :alien: that also provide my phone line. It's a scam.

I use a VPN that is part of the torrent manager I use, that was free eons ago. When looking at VPNs, another opportunity to rip off people, beware of the limits on downloading all data from your regular browser use, not just the content you don't want visible :eek:

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
There are loads out there, cannot remember how much they are? Maybe just search top VPN's and then checkout reviews. I used a free one years ago for watching content outside of the uk, next time I would pay.

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
IPTV is another one. I'm not sure (don't use it as I went and bought F1 channel from Sky in the end) but think it is legal. Premier matches are often not shown because Sky do not always stream them.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
IPTV is another one. I'm not sure (don't use it as I went and bought F1 channel from Sky in the end) but think it is legal. Premier matches are often not shown because Sky do not always stream them.
You can usual tell if a sub service is leagal by the costs. There is no way my mate is watching every sport available from £80 per year.

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
You can usual tell if a sub service is leagal by the costs. There is no way my mate is watching every sport available from £80 per year.
No idea of cost. However I suspect it is cheaper than Sky, which of course begs the question how?

dmb007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400/2015/v6
I have Virgin mainly for the broadband

Every year I have to cancel it to get the best deal

Last year it was £58 pm for everything including BT sport for MOTOGP

Cancelled this year and holding steady Virgin rang me 10 days later offering me full package for £52 pm including BT sport MOTOGP

I found it also includes SKY1 HD which covers F1.

It annoys me that as a loyal? customer that I have to do this but a saving of at least £30 pm makes it worthwhile.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Cancelled this year and holding steady Virgin rang me 10 days later offering me full package for £52 pm including BT sport MOTOGP

It annoys me that as a loyal? customer that I have to do this but a saving of at least £30 pm makes it worthwhile.
Think yourself lucky, try that with with Sky, they send you to their cancellation department, at that point you think you're going to get a great deal, then they terminate your contract and next opportunity, this same thing happened to our friends. Sky probably know who can and cannot get fiber.

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Are you sure on it covering F1, The Australia race was shown on Sky 1 HD, as will a couple of others, but the majority are only shown on the F1 channel.

Did you watch it on Sky 1HD channel or the F1 Channel?

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Exodus was dropped by the developers over 18 months ago now, hence most content being out of date or incorrect. That is one of the downsides of Kodi, keeping up with which add-ons are still valid etc. Using the build managers can help do some of this management for you.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom