The Hearse Goes Urban

OP
Developer

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
It's the roof escape hatch, which he forgot to open until AFTER he'd jumped through it...

A master of composition, me :rolleyes:.

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Just looked on the Renntech website and found this

http://www.renntechmercedes.com/www/node/229

Says there isn't the need for the vehicle to be aligned after lowering!

Guess whats happeneing to my future "if the price is right" S350cdi bluetech:cool::cool:

The unit also supports speed-dependant lowering that allows the vehicle to return to its factory ride-height at a pre-set speed. This removes the need for the vehicle to be aligned after lowering. The user can maintain the factory longevity and still have the lowered look at low speeds!

So at speed I can have it rise up, I'd rather it rode lower. Driving it did feel a bit high up....

I guess a subtle 10mm drop wouldn't do much to the camber anyway. I had a chat with Olly after this thread too.

Last edited:

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Looks like the Renntech unit is for "cruising" or "posing" and when you drive it reverts to MB spec heights. The car will lower anyway at speed to give the best handling/aerodynamics etc..

It's only when stationary or touring the car park one really notices how the car looks ..

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Not really Steve, you need to adjust the damping as the ADS does in the CLS, automatically tightening the shocks entering the corner.

Of course having a lower centre of gravity helps but it an all or nothing mod. It will compromise the general ride and (as you discovered) tyre wear..

Top Bottom