The inappropriate badging thread

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
My son in law was given a GLA 180 amg line as a courtesy car while his Fiesta is in for bodywork repair. My wife and daughter went with him to pick it up, wife comes back and goes "wow they loaned him an AMG", I said why do you think that, she said she saw AMG logo on the wheels...

You would think she would know better...

Mercedes SL500 R231

OP
Blobcat

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
  • #1,223

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
Ha! :) im amazed he not put an AMG badge next to it.....i saw a car the other day which perplexed me? I was sitting in traffic on my bus when i saw a Kia Picanto...nothing strange about that i hear you ask? ...but Kia must be desperate to get on the bandwagon when it was badged up with a GT s line badge!!...what!
Well we all know what GT stands for..Grand Tourer
This one was in black with some orange striping and little twin pipes out the back...talk about laughable!!
Imagine this as a senario???
Hubby comes home and says "darling i bought a GT car so we can go continental cruising across Europe"
Wife gets excited and rushes out to see what her husband has bought?
Imagine her look when she sees this little Picanto with sporty pinstriping and the GT badge on the back,she looks at her hubby with distain and dissapointment and threats of divorce as she says
" im not getting in that thing take it back and get a proper GT car you dopey muppet!!" :)

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Ha! :) im amazed he not put an AMG badge next to it.....i saw a car the other day which perplexed me? I was sitting in traffic on my bus when i saw a Kia Picanto...nothing strange about that i hear you ask? ...but Kia must be desperate to get on the bandwagon when it was badged up with a GT s line badge!!...what!
Well we all know what GT stands for..Grand Tourer
This one was in black with some orange striping and little twin pipes out the back...talk about laughable!!
Imagine this as a senario???
Hubby comes home and says "darling i bought a GT car so we can go continental cruising across Europe"
Wife gets excited and rushes out to see what her husband has bought?
Imagine her look when she sees this little Picanto with sporty pinstriping and the GT badge on the back,she looks at her hubby with distain and dissapointment and threats of divorce as she says
" im not getting in that thing take it back and get a proper GT car you dopey muppet!!" :)
and there wuz me thinking it wuz Go Thaster, or in the case of early Golfs, Go Thaster innit ;):cool:

axelcls

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes w218 CLS63 AMG now gone, RR Velar
A unique Vito by Brabus ( on te small badge )
f9a8a9df211d53807aa86f245c20e8cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
A unique Vito by Brabus ( on te small badge )
emoji23.png
f9a8a9df211d53807aa86f245c20e8cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you sure, it's not a Brabus? They do, do Vito's.

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Seems to have more exhausts than it should too

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom