The knock/tapping noise !

Markthelark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 311 CDI
Hi All ,
Just to say hello first to everyone. My name is Mark and I operate a 2003Sprinter 311 CDI LWB Beaver Tail with 88K, which I recently purchased.
Have been a long time member of the Iveco Daily Forum with over 600 posts , but due to Payload have bought a Sprinter.
I hope I can get, and give as much help as I have had on previous forum.

I have just done around 1400 miles in the three days since buying , all was fine until yesterday. Seems to be a tappet type noise at around 2000 - 2500rpm , not sure exactly when the noise stops due to what I think is the N/S/F bearing noise.

This is the first common rail engine I've had , my other truck (1998 35C10 Iveco),is old tech , which probably explains the 1,127,000 trouble free miles I've had with it !

Read a number of things on the net , all seem to say injector !!!

Any thoughts / advice would be great , also , does anyone recommend someone who can diagnose and fix the problem in the Gloucester area , please don't say MAIN DEALER , I don't have deep pockets !!!:grin:

Thanks in advance to any replies.

Mark

OP
M

Markthelark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 311 CDI
Thanks Roofless , will take a look at the thread now.

Just checked the thread , got a number of South West Mercs in Gloucester , will call them later thanks. Anyone use these guys ?????????

roofless

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 e220 estate
Just checked the thread , got a number of South West Mercs in Gloucester , will call them later thanks. Anyone use these guys ?????????

I'm sure members down that way will
Recommend someone

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom