The yoof of today....

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
This morning after spending the night with someone in Glasgow (G32 not the best area but not the worst) I came out to discover my star was misaligned and minor scratches on the bonnet which subsequent polishing has removed.

However on closer inspection I can see footprints (the dirt is a good thing for tracing this) and the shoes tread clearly inprinted on the boot and roof. The foot size is small, say size 5-6 and the tread of a "sportswear" variety :rolleyes: (what else)

I parked up at hers well after 10pm when surely such young people should be in bed. This AM, this. Next time I hope the little sh** does it, he/she falls and cracks their skull or breaks their neck.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Next time I hope the little sh** does it, he/she falls and cracks their skull or breaks their neck.

Should the little angel slip on your highly polished car, fall and injure them-self, then I am sure you will be liable Stephen. :(

How could you? :shock:

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Quite easily :lol::lol::lol:

Well if your going to get the blame make sure they really 'slip' perhaps their backside will be adjacent to your foot;)

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
This is Glasgow. I'll put their heads through the windscreen hahaha

just kick them harder then they will feel it both ends...:lol::lol:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
At a vintage car show,, a mother held her little boys hand while the lad walked up the wing from the running board, slid down to the head lamp and jump off,,

Sorry to hear what they do in Glasgow .

A friend of mine parked his little van on his own right of way, and someone at night would open the rear doors and go out of the front door, so we painted the inside with a very slow drying paint,, the next day there were bits of clothing stuck all over the inside, and it did not happen again.

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
At a vintage car show,, a mother held her little boys hand while the lad walked up the wing from the running board, slid down to the head lamp and jump off,,

Thats outrageous Malcolm, but therein probably lies the cause of what happened to me.

Kids aren't brought up properly, no discipline in schools, parents on the dole and drugs, and they pick up these bad behaviours from them. When I was little, I would be in bed that time, or if not, I'd be with a parent/relative/family friend who would have not allowed me to do something like that. These kids roam free doing what they like.

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
I've only been to Glasgow, twice ...... stayed on the top floor of the big Hotel, opposite the BBC building, on the Clyde ................ valet parking and all that !

Little ****s round our way, are always after the dust caps .............. and I have electric gates .... that I'm thinking about making electric (if you get my drift)

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
Little ****s round our way, are always after the dust caps .............. and I have electric gates .... that I'm thinking about making electric (if you get my drift)

Yes, what we really need is to hook the star and wheels upto the battery so when they strike they get a wee fright :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I bet that we could think it up on here, and make it an MBOA mod.

teabag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 W163 ML270 CDI
This morning after spending the night with someone in Glasgow (G32 not the best area but not the worst) I came out to discover my star was misaligned and minor scratches on the bonnet which subsequent polishing has removed.

However on closer inspection I can see footprints (the dirt is a good thing for tracing this) and the shoes tread clearly inprinted on the boot and roof. The foot size is small, say size 5-6 and the tread of a "sportswear" variety :rolleyes: (what else)

I parked up at hers well after 10pm when surely such young people should be in bed. This AM, this. Next time I hope the little sh** does it, he/she falls and cracks their skull or breaks their neck.
It's really annoying but how do you know it was a kid? size 5 or 6 could have been Madonna doing a remake of "Body of Evidence", are you sure the marks weren't just sticky deposits and not scratches?

The glass is always half full.:lol:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Even if you electrocute one,,his big brother will throw bricks at it ,it is a no win with ill bred monsters

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
unfortunately -it is quite common. Before we retired we had a shop, Brian parked his car around the back in garage-i parked mine on the forecourt- the kids always congregate around shops - they made my life a misery- my badge was forever being broken off - got fed up replacing it-in the end i didn't bother to replace it until we retired. Your hands are tied when it comes to anti-social behaviour. I ran a pottery business and held evening classes in stuido at back of shop - the local youths found it great fun to throw eggs at the shop window, stink bombs through the letter box and use my car to kick a football at. One night they even came over the back gates- i was tempted to let the dog out - but thought better of it-if she bit one of them i would probably have had to have my dog put down. Called the police on many occassions - but waste of time-by the time they arrived the youths has dispursed, i don't think they thought it was very serious-but it wears you down-like chinese torture. A friend of mine told me of some jelly type stuff - can't remember what it was called, but they told me to smear it on my car badge -using gloves - if anyone attempted to take the badge it would burn the skin and take a long time to wear off. I don't know if it would work - i never used it although i was very tempted. What a shame we have these few numbskulls making life miserable for others.

oceanblue1

Reaction score
I don't think its a "few" numbskulls. It happens all over the country and everybody I know have experienced some of it. The sad thing is I travel alot to the rest of Europe and most of the other countries don't really have such a big youth crime problem and this includes Amsterdam!
When my European friends come to visit, they were quite appalled. They actually said that they have always had a stereotypical image of the English as being overly polite and gentlemanly??!!!
We are defintely going wrong somewhere as this is just gonna get worse and worse as these kids grows up and become teenage parents themselves.
I keep hearing blame on the parents but what causes the vicious circle in the first place.
How come the rest of the world, including developing countries (you should see how polite Chinese kids are despite it being so poor and "uneducated" when I was working there for a year) have much less of a youth problem ...

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
yes it does seem to me that the family unit is breaking down-sitting down as a family to eat together etc etc. We once had to entertain a businessman from Tawain(not sure if entertain is the right word) you know show him London,take him out to dinner. In conversation he was surprised to learn that the family unit in UK was in such disarray. In his country he explained, when their children marry thay automatically live with their parents, and look after their parents until they die. He was astonished to learn that we put so many elderly parents in homes and do not look after them ourselves. Has our society become so self centered,materialistic and lazy, and with no respect for anything or anyone?

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
yes it does seem to me that the family unit is breaking down-sitting down as a family to eat together etc etc. We once had to entertain a businessman from Tawain(not sure if entertain is the right word) you know show him London,take him out to dinner. In conversation he was surprised to learn that the family unit in UK was in such disarray. In his country he explained, when their children marry thay automatically live with their parents, and look after their parents until they die. He was astonished to learn that we put so many elderly parents in homes and do not look after them ourselves. Has our society become so self centered,materialistic and lazy, and with no respect for anything or anyone?

Sounds like a grandmother positioning herself for lifelong "care for the elderly", preferably with meals without wheels provided on the premises.

You must let us know how it works out Lizzy!?

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
:confused:i don't know how it works - i eloped!!!!!!!!!!!!

get off the cooker granny -your'e too old to ride the range

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
It's really annoying but how do you know it was a kid? size 5 or 6 could have been Madonna doing a remake of "Body of Evidence", are you sure the marks weren't just sticky deposits and not scratches?

The glass is always half full.:lol:

No, deffo foot prints. Shaped like footprints, trainer treads.

Reckoned kids as a full adult would surely make dents on the panels, that is unless MB have built it properly :rolleyes:

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom