Thick Newbie 2005 Viano Owner - Help Appreciated!

Ergosum

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
viano/2005/2.2
Hi Guys, I recently purchased a 2005 Viano Ex Long Trend 2.2.

Its a lovely beast but have got the following issues, any feedback would be much appreciated:

Doors open - All the time I am driving the dash is displaying 'doors open' and i Think its showing both of the front doors, obviously this is incorrect, i'm guessing its a sensor fault, if so any idea's on what I can do to remedy it?

Comand Unit - I have no cd for the Sat Nav with it, and I haven't a clue which model it is, as there was no user manual either, but want to get the cd, possibly off ebay?..It looks like the old comand 2.0 from the pictures I have seen on the net, but they don't seem to have a TV button, yet this one has, any idea's on which one it might be?

Also relating to the Comand unit, what would I need to do to get the TV working, and the phone? It has a button, cradle and steering controls for the phone, is it bluetooth, or is it for a car phone?

Sorry if my questions seem a bit lame, but I thought I would ask in here first before tripping off to the local benz dealers to see if they can help.

Thanks in advance...
Chris

Roxie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class 350CDI 2012
The door open thing, is usually the rear door pin switch not reaching the door properly because of a poorly adjusted door.

The best place to start looking for a navigation disc is teleatlas. Just google them.

I don't think it is possible to get the TV to work on this model.

You have to get a suitable adapter/cradle for your particular phone, or buy a Bluetooth adapter.

Try command on line for further info.

oakwood commercials

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
11 Vito's, 3 Sprinters
Hi, The previous post was spot on with regards to the doors, check the five pins on the sliding doors contacts are moving freely, wd40 if necessary, but also remove ant tarnishing from the flat receivers with a bit of wire wool to ensure a good contact, should do the trick.
I have a spare but secondhand Genuine Mercedes command disc(2005) if you are interested £25, works fine but not the latest edition, you can reach me on 07809622520, main dealer will charge you at least five times this.
You have two options for the telephone either buy a specific cradle for your phone that will slide on to the cradle or if you prefer to bluetooth your phone you will need a genuine bluetooth adaptor (both are available on ebay) but a word of warning! expect to pay in excess of £100 for a secondhand bluetooth adaptor as they are the same on a majority of mercedes vehicles so everyone is looking for them and to be honest the sound quality is very poor, parrot hands free are better value.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom