Thirsty German...

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
How does one get 60mph+ while
alindsay81- im getting around 37mpg from my c220 cdi

even with different driving style and road can it make that much of a difference?
i just wirk out my c270 mainly town and short 10mile motorway runs, i get 31mpg

dads has been known to read a whopping 73mpg on the computer on long runs driving very steadily (60ish). seems with his car, the longer the trip at a constant speed, the better the economy is. a run of maybe 10 miles driving in the way he usually does may read 42mpg on the computer. continue this trip for a bit, till its done 50 or 60 miles and the computer reads 55,60 sometimes more mpg!

S80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
None at the monent, but there's an OM642 in the Jeep Grand Cherokee!
In my experience it's vigorous acceleration that causes the biggest dent in fuel economy, rather than outright cruising speed.

Your 'toying' with another vehicle may well have encouraged bursts of acceleration at highish speeds, so the resulting mpg may not be all that surprising.

I once had a Jaguar XJ40 3.6 auto, which if 'booted' when cold would show 2 mpg on the 'instantaneous mpg' readout :lol:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom