This car seems quite cheap

Top Cat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
(97) W202 C230 Elegance Estate
Lyn,,I know where there is a nice A class cheap just send me £10k and I will bring it over to you;)

what, from Nigeria, because it used to belong to your dead uncles first minister of culture when he was Prime Minister, but he had to suddenly emigrate to the moon?

:p

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
what, from Nigeria, because it used to belong to your dead uncles first minister of culture when he was Prime Minister, but he had to suddenly emigrate to the moon?

:p

Almost right, but near enough :D

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I'm not really sure exactly what I am looking for to be honest. In fact I'm not even sure I actually need a car, it would just be nice to have a small car that has 4 seats and is easy to drive :D

Hi Lyn,

I am not normally into heresy, but I followed a Fiat 500 (new model) off a roundabout and up a hill the other day and was impressed by how nippy it was. I think it might have been an automatic.

If you want a petite, inexpensive car for local use, that might be worth a look?

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
Hi Lyn,

I am not normally into heresy, but I followed a Fiat 500 (new model) off a roundabout and up a hill the other day and was impressed by how nippy it was. I think it might have been an automatic.

If you want a petite, inexpensive car for local use, that might be worth a look?

I used to have one of those - old one with suicidal doors - loved it for a bit of fun but the pedals are so small you have to be careful when you put your foot down that all 3 pedals don't go down at once- it felt like going along on a hairdryer -loved it though

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I used to have one of those - old one with suicidal doors - loved it for a bit of fun but the pedals are so small you have to be careful when you put your foot down that all 3 pedals don't go down at once- it felt like going along on a hairdryer -loved it though

I thought suicide doors went out when tights were introduced lizzy?? :confused::rolleyes:

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
I thought suicide doors went out when tights were introduced lizzy?? :confused::rolleyes:

laugher.gif

OP
littlebrooklyn

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Sadly when one goes down market one has to put up with such failures:cool:
The Porsche is just beautiful, such a fabulous car, however not ideally suited for a cautious driver like me who isn't very good at parking :p
Hi Lyn,

I do like the Fiat 500, I was looking at them a few weeks ago. Back to Autotrader I guess ;);)
Why not go B class?

Well the B Class is much bigger, if I get a second car it has got to be something small and easy to drive.

J400uk

Reaction score
I remember seeing that cheap A200 CDI advert a couple of days ago, as mentioned its a new scam thats going on where the pictures are stolen from another advert and the seller pretends the car is in switzerland and needs to be shipped over.

I'm not too up on the A Class, maybe someone can give me an idea which model would be a good one to buy?

The A150 and A180 CDI are generally considered to be the models to go for. The A170 offers little extra performance over the A150, and the A160 CDI is comprehensively underpowered.

The A200 models have now been discontiuned. The 200 petrol is meant to be good but un-economical, 200 CDI is a bit faster and more economical but noisy, 200 Turbo has too much power for the car to cope with and bad economy.

Classic models are cheapest as there lots arround, but Elegance and Avantgarde are the best specs to go for, and make them feel like a proper Mercedes rather than a budget car. Residuals are a bit funny, the 3-doors are worth quite a lot less than the 5-doors, and the bigger petrol engines are worth very little more than the small petrol engines. Diesels hold onto value slightly better. Leather adds about £200 to the price, COMAND adds a similar ammount, Auto adds about £500.

Reliability is top notch, its regularaly very highly rated in the consumer surveys, very few complaints in this respect. Only problems I am aware with is a minor rust issue on some cars built before mid 2006.

With respect to the comments about the B-Class, not sure what they are trying to prove. Its common knowledge the B-Class is merely a LWB version of the A-Class with more space in the boot and rear. Same engines and platform etc. Anyone who tries to infer its more reliable or a better car is talking nonsense, they are exactly the same. If anything the B seems to do slightly worse in consumer surveys and reviews.

OP
littlebrooklyn

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Thank you so much for that, my knowledge of the A Class is pretty non existant :shock:

I have noticed quite a few A160CDi's, I didn't realise they weren't the best one to go for. I am looking for an automatic, that is top of my list and next on my list is the colour. For some reason I think the A Class looks best in black and I have no idea why :rolleyes: Our C Class is an Avantgarde and I do like the trim on that, so maybe I will focus on that trim, just a case of finding one for the right price :D

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom