This is happening next week before bird sh1t season begins!

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well, now I need a new keyboard - this one been drooled all over!

antijam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SLK320
I doubt if even that stuff could shrug off the efforts of our local shite-hawks...

P1070745.jpg

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
There's a season for birds? Can someone tell that to the ones by our office?
I think they must be everpoos...(avian equivalent of evergreen).
Same with ours Alastair but it’s specifically the Herring Gull nesting season approaching then it’s Armageddon !! Still will be putting on the cover on calm good days :p

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I've been tempted. Just enjoy the process of cleaning and waxing - plus the fact that the paintwork on the car needs a damn good machining before any long term protection goes anywhere near it.
If I had the time I would also enjoy it but alas....
Single stage buff happening even to mine before this stuff goes on. This stuff is apparently just awesome, my neighbour has just had his 3 year old S204 done with it and it looks stunning

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I doubt if even that stuff could shrug off the efforts of our local shite-hawks...

View attachment 41495
This is exactly the consistency of the stuff I get...with a good ceramic coating it won’t stick but still better to remove asap obviously
I’ve found the method is to put a microfibre cloth on it (folded over until it’s about 20mm thick), then pour near boiling water on until it soaks (without so much that it runs off too much), wait a minute or so, then carefully lift the cloth with the poo inside (without rubbing)- done.
With a bit more care you can use the blue paper towel stuff- with that at least you can chuck it away!

BClassChris

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B180 CDI (2009)

Think mine is going to miss the starts bird **** season it has to go in for some work doing as per my whining Benz post think I’m going to come out of garage right in the middle. So looks like mine will get bombed to **** - that is unless anyone wants to donate a sample (not that kind)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Available at: https://zeppelinit.com

Hope you have a great day

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
That stuff looks awesome as does the car.

Do you mind telling us the cost John?

My car is white and garaged plus I’m retired so I wonder if worthwhile.

My white car in my opinion looks lovely in Night Edition trim but does not shine like darker colours.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Recently discovered Meguiars waterless wax spray - seems to be good for removing bird poo. Spray on heavily and leave for a minute or two and slides off with a cup of water. No touching or scrubbing involved.

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Recently discovered Meguiars waterless wax spray - seems to be good for removing bird poo. Spray on heavily and leave for a minute or two and slides off with a cup of water. No touching or scrubbing involved.
Good tip Peter

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
That stuff looks awesome as does the car.

Do you mind telling us the cost John?

My car is white and garaged plus I’m retired so I wonder if worthwhile.

My white car in my opinion looks lovely in Night Edition trim but does not shine like darker colours.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I believe my guy normally charges 5-600 quid for the full bifta which is a 2 stage polish /buff and application of the ceramic. You can see from the video there’s more to it than that simplistic summary but you see what I mean .
In my case I’m getting a heavily discounted package as the stuff he used last year (Kamikaze) didn’t work really - I’m paying £200 which is not much above material cost only.
My neighbour who has the W204 is in the same position as you are Robin and as he reckons he’s keeping that car it was worth the investment. If you saw it you’d agree I think

Binnedit

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 W216
I believe my guy normally charges 5-600 quid for the full bifta which is a 2 stage polish /buff and application of the ceramic. You can see from the video there’s more to it than that simplistic summary but you see what I mean .

Prep & Application video, if you are interested....

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
81853DBF-95EE-4EA2-9BFC-EB341EC15C1F.jpeg I shared this with John when it happened- our local shoitehawks back at the old gaff.

These were just pigeons!!!

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Looking forward to some good pics JL , and how it stands up to the inevitable direct hits from our feathered friends .

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Looking forward to some good pics JL , and how it stands up to the inevitable direct hits from our feathered friends .
Consider it done ;)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom