This weeks bargain

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Nah, the Passenger Driver Display Function puts me off. I wouldn't want the wife looking at that and screaming her head off !!. I'll pass on that one and wait to see what else turns up :rolleyes:;)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Wonder if I can get this on my "Bennys" :rolleyes:

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
I'll pass too John , it ain't got an AMG badge on it. :rolleyes::)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I'll pass too John , it ain't got an AMG badge on it. :rolleyes::)

You could always put one on and rise to the top of the 'Inappropriate Badge' thread, you would be a winner there !! :D

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
SWBMO said she'd like it for popping down to the shops.
- But with 6.5 litres of engine under the bonnet, she'd only be able to afford to go once a month! Still I suppose it would make an effective diet!

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
I still think Ferrari were having a laugh when they thought up the name “Super Fast”, I can almost imagine the crazy Italians in a meeting deciding on its name

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Wonder if I can get this on my "Bennys" :rolleyes:
One of my earliest car envy memories was walking past my village buroo on a Thursday and seeing a De Tomaso Pantera double parked outside with the owner inside ‘signing on’ :):rolleyes::geek::p

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
cant wait. ordered ! airfix version

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Criminal mind. 'Only two and a half grand a month. If it wasn't for the deposit I could manage that for a month. I'd be a long way away by the time the second instalment was due.'

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Criminal mind. 'Only two and a half grand a month. If it wasn't for the deposit I could manage that for a month. I'd be a long way away by the time the second instalment was due.'

Oh I am sure the little treasure could work his/her way up from selling all the other things they haven't paid for.

Don't we all know someone who floats atop a large pile of other people's money.

Some of us sleep nights through contentment others sleep nights content that someone else paid for everything.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
There's a series on Discovery (I think) about Repo Men (and women) who repossess aeroplanes and boats with sometimes exciting capers as they get int and steal a plane fro, a supposedly secure airport etc In last week's shows they repo'd a Lear Jet worth c$3M and a beautifully fitted boat worth c£3.5m yes-£. It's interesting to see how the repos they do are invariably snatchbacks against people who are still living the very high life while not keeping up payments on enormously costly items. Talk about how the other half live!

Which reminds me of the property game at the height of the runaway prices 20-odd years ago. SWMBO worked for a property development company and they built a block of very nice apartments in an upmarket area. Half the properties were sold "off the drawing" and 5 out of 14 new buyers paid their fairly huge deposit but never moved in, nor paid any more - their apartments were advertised at a hugely gazumped price and sold to new buyers with the transfer and payment being completed in time to avoid any court action. Personally I'd have nightmares over a dodgy debt like that but they made a lot of boodle - as I recall, each one made abou £40K!

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Met a really nice family recently. The wife (who is quite famous in her profession) bought an 812 on a whim, but didn't drive it much and sold it a few months later! Now has a Bentley which she says is much nicer. Their car garage is about 200 meters wide, the biggest I've ever seen. If you met them you'd have no idea.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
There's a series on Discovery (I think) about Repo Men (and women) who repossess aeroplanes and boats with sometimes exciting capers as they get int and steal a plane fro, a supposedly secure airport etc In last week's shows they repo'd a Lear Jet worth c$3M and a beautifully fitted boat worth c£3.5m yes-£. It's interesting to see how the repos they do are invariably snatchbacks against people who are still living the very high life while not keeping up payments on enormously costly items. Talk about how the other half live!

Which reminds me of the property game at the height of the runaway prices 20-odd years ago. SWMBO worked for a property development company and they built a block of very nice apartments in an upmarket area. Half the properties were sold "off the drawing" and 5 out of 14 new buyers paid their fairly huge deposit but never moved in, nor paid any more - their apartments were advertised at a hugely gazumped price and sold to new buyers with the transfer and payment being completed in time to avoid any court action. Personally I'd have nightmares over a dodgy debt like that but they made a lot of boodle - as I recall, each one made abou £40K!

Relative did high level "contentious" repossessions now does,

well goes to crazy places to protect crazy people from even crazier people, I think the term is adrenaline Junky.

Edit, or just plain daft.
Oh and tried protecting ships from pirates, boring apparently.

He says most of these repo programmes are staged tosh.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
In my experience lots of 'reality TV' is unreal and choreographed. But there are some quality examples and they are always the most memorable.

I'm sure protecting ships from pirates would be deadly dull, until the pirates hit a vessel under your care. As Mike Tyson famously remarked, 'Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face.'

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom