throwing good sense out of the window

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
I was Tootlin around Blackpool today & my journey home took me past the local Benz dealership Quite why I'm not sure but I pulled in & asked the bodyshop about the anti corrosion warranty

Expecting the "On yer bike it's nearly 10 years old" crap Spoke to the bodyshop manager who was very understanding about the rust I'd discovered on my nearside wing ( bear in mind here I've only had the E 240 for just over 2 weeks!!!!)

He takes pretty pictures, uploads em on to his Computer & attaches HIS PERSONAL recomendation that this should be covered under the aforesaid warranty & sends em off to SOMEWHERE.

"i'll be hearing from you soon then" says I ( Heading for the door) " "hang on have a Coffee they'll reply in 5 minutes" he says.

So 5 mins later I'm sitting there watchin Sky News & in he walks..........

"Not a problem sir, it's fully covered under the warranty would July 21st be convienent to bring it in we will, of course loan you a courtesy car should take 3 to 4 days"

OK at this point I'm waiting for Jeremy Beadle to jump out & say summott stupid, but no this is for real!!!! Thinking "Hey this is good time to push the envelope a bit"

" the only thing left now is to get the stone chips outta my bonnet" says I
"Oh no worries, if you drop the lads a few quid I'm sure they'll polish them out for you"!!!!!!!!!

At this point I'm reaching for my mobile to call an ambulance as I've collapsed with utter shock!!!!!!

Me thinks I'll be visiting benz Blackpool again after THIS treatment.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Can I quote you for i am about to ring the dickhead I was talking to at my local MB dealer My S class is only 8yrs old and they have turned my claim down

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Their logic is all over the place,,its like the SBC thread

OP
The Hooded Claw

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
Can I quote you for i am about to ring the dickhead I was talking to at my local MB dealer My S class is only 8yrs old and they have turned my claim down

I believe the bodyshops Manager stated in his "Recomendation" that the rust MUST have started BEFORE the warranty had lasped i.e it was there under the wing but NOT NOTICABLE until after it had come through to the outside & therefore would be covered by the said warranty...

Rust don't happen overnight so go down the "its bin there fer years but I only just noticed it" route

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
This was exactly my point to the bodyshop guy I was speaking to, but he was adamant that the car was out of warranty..still its a long road and one which I intend going down..

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
It's a bit daft really, they're throwing work away. :confused:

tromppost

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s320

Had all four archs done 2 years 4 months ago and one has started to rust again. Was refused by Merc today because it's out of warranty and to old.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
What a difference Blackpool to Ashford - got my S203 in 3 weeks before her 8th birthday due to bubbles along the bottom of both offside doors - wait 3 weeks for an answer, refused! Appealed to MB customer service and waiting to hear - 7 days so far and no response!

Top Bottom