Ticking

harpersimon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 A200 AMG line
Not sure where this should live just yet - guessing its electrically generated so will park it here for starters
Right - I have the blower flap ticking on startup - so its not that - but when idling there is a 'ticking' from over the passenger side of the dash..somtimes.
Its not related to engine speed as I have revved and listened, but it is a rythmic ticking at say half second intervals - and I am wondering what it is.
Let the guessing begin!

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
If your car is a W203, perhaps you have the stripped cog problem in the heater/a-c system? A flap gets too stiff and then the gears that operate the flap strip. But then is that what you refer to as the blower flap ticking?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
There are many motors and flaps on these things that cause ticking noises

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Not sure where this should live just yet - guessing its electrically generated so will park it here for starters
Right - I have the blower flap ticking on startup - so its not that - but when idling there is a 'ticking' from over the passenger side of the dash..somtimes.
Its not related to engine speed as I have revved and listened, but it is a rythmic ticking at say half second intervals - and I am wondering what it is.
Let the guessing begin!

Petrol or Diesel?

OP
harpersimon

harpersimon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 A200 AMG line
If your car is a W203, perhaps you have the stripped cog problem in the heater/a-c system? A flap gets too stiff and then the gears that operate the flap strip. But then is that what you refer to as the blower flap ticking?
Nope - as I mentioned - I have that as well as this 'other' ticking

OP
harpersimon

harpersimon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 A200 AMG line
There are many motors and flaps on these things that cause ticking noises
pretty sure its not a flap motor - I know what they sound like!! :)
if it was mechanical, I'd say it was a tappet - its that sort of noise but its not Engine generated

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom