Time to name & shame

richardN2O

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL55 AMG Kompressor
Last year I treated my BMW850 to a set of Premium T1 Sports Tyres (approx. £230 each). The company is a child’s plaything with an extra O (get it).

The car is rarely used and with less than 3000 miles on the new set, a bulge appeared on the outside wall of the front nearside.

The fitters would not replace the tyre as it was out of warranty by approx 3 months. So I had to buy budgets to get me back on the road. I have NEVER kerbed these wheels (as was suggested).
I asked them to return the tyre to the manufacturer for assessment. I also contacted the manufacturer for back-up.

As of today the tyre has still not been returned to the manufacturer and they are complacent to say the least. In fact the Technical Support manager even had the gall to say he was going on holiday for 2 weeks, so nothing will get done until July.

What I find shocking is they are a performance tyre company with a customer who has evidence of a suspected faulty product, of which there maybe others. If I was them I’d want to know if my name was at risk and at the very least keep a customer happy. Of which they are doing neither.

shine

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL 500.W216 + C300 Coupe AMG Line 2018
I hope you didn't tell them of your addiction to Drag Racing in your tweeked BMW as it may compromise any sort of goodwill gesture from them.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Why so coy, Toyo need to get their act into gear and check the tyre,
it may well be your fault or it may be theirs but surely a responsible manufacturer wants to know ASAP.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The other snag is a pot hole could have done this with no outside way of telling, if the cords have burst then it would have been a pot hole

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
This is Pot hole damage TV has a point............

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Not good at all! Even if they couldn't help (which they can) there should not be this sort of attitude towards your situation. Amazes me how some companies are still in business.

Keep fighting Richard!!!

Regards

The GAD Team (We always got your back!)

OP
richardN2O

richardN2O

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL55 AMG Kompressor
I hope you didn't tell them of your addiction to Drag Racing in your tweeked BMW as it may compromise any sort of goodwill gesture from them.
No Problem, the BMW850 is for show ONLY :)

OP
richardN2O

richardN2O

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL55 AMG Kompressor
Why so coy, Toyo need to get their act into gear and check the tyre,
it may well be your fault or it may be theirs but surely a responsible manufacturer wants to know ASAP.
My point exactly :-(

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
The other snag is a pot hole could have done this with no outside way of telling, if the cords have burst then it would have been a pot hole

I suspect it is pothole damage considering the state of todays roads. Consider yourself fortunate, last time I hit a large pothole not only did the sidewall of an almost new Goodyear F1 develop a large bulge and had to be replaced, but within 24 hours I noticed the headlight bulb on the same side was not working and a large crack appeared at the bottom corner of the windscreen. As well as needing that replaced, it failed the MOT weeks later on a front balljoint, again on the same side, coincidence? I think not.

Russ

OP
richardN2O

richardN2O

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL55 AMG Kompressor
Maybe when they finally get their act together, I'll get the results, but for the record I'm pretty certain I've avoided pot holes in this car.
As an aside, so far no one on the BMW forum has figured out the clue to the company :)

OP
richardN2O

richardN2O

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL55 AMG Kompressor
I suspect it is pothole damage considering the state of todays roads. Consider yourself fortunate, last time I hit a large pothole not only did the sidewall of an almost new Goodyear F1 develop a large bulge and had to be replaced, but within 24 hours I noticed the headlight bulb on the same side was not working and a large crack appeared at the bottom corner of the windscreen. As well as needing that replaced, it failed the MOT weeks later on a front balljoint, again on the same side, coincidence? I think not.
Russ
Approx. 3 years ago I successfully claimed against the council for a pot hole that buckled both nearside wheels. These councils need to take responsibility

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
I always thought Toyo were launched and marketed as having a lifetime garrantee?
(used to be all the rage years ago)-they were also one of the cheapest and good quality.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Councils need to be taken to task for their poor care of our roads they litter pot holed roads with speed humps and cycle lanes etc without attending to core maintenance.
Councillors need to be harassed over it.
If it was possible to personally sue members of the council and council staff I am sure things would change.
Often the repairs defy logic they are so poorly carried out, the words compacted, level and adhered simply do not apply.
It is not hard to imagine a driver being thrown off course into pedestrians by some of these pot holes.

Attachments

• pothole.jpg
    pothole.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 32
OP
richardN2O

richardN2O

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL55 AMG Kompressor
A Hollow Victory, but a win is a win.
Toyo failed to collect the tyre and the fitters disposed of it.
I'm being given 75% of the value :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
A Hollow Victory, but a win is a win.
Toyo failed to collect the tyre and the fitters disposed of it.
I'm being given 75% of the value :)

The cost to them to pick it up would have cost them more, so OK all round

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom