timing chain link riveter?

teabag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 W163 ML270 CDI
got the chain put on at MB wow the 30 min labour shot to an hour so they charged me 100 pound after 10% discount, thought there was no harm in asking(every penny helps) anyhow they timed it up nice for me so started to bolt it all back up today,not sure if the alternater is upside down or not yet as it will bolt on both ways. seems from mr MB forman face that there has been plenty of these streched chains in the c200 but they wont admit it,he knew what was wrong with mine before he lifted the bonnet.

The lack of help with the rivetting tool and the labour charge from MB Sunderland does not surprise me as they have not been very forthcoming when I have asked them for help or advice in the past. If you live in Newcastle, why not try these guys in Stockton, http://www.prestigeservicing.co.uk/, they are about a 45 minute drive from you.

I have used them for over 3 years and they are always very helpful and extremely knowledgeable, also their labour charges are about half of what you will pay MB dealers.

OP
P

podmo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 c200 komp,2002 audi a4 2.5tdi
thanks teabag,its always good to know a good local garage,ive only been in the north east for 9 months so still finding my feet, oh just a point i would like to make to all the folks on here, i priced all my parts up, chain ,valves,tensioner,stem oil seals,head gasket,coil packs new bolts ect exaust gasket and MB WAS ACTUALY CHEEPER than the likes of euro parts,andrew pages ect and all gen oem parts,something i was not expecting,plus the staff are super helpful in the parts dept and if your cheeky enought to ask will give a good discount,going there dropped my bill by 90 pound

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This is all true of many suspension components etc,,always ask first

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom