Tips for a new w123 280E owner

GWK9

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W123 1984 280E
Hello everyone

Have just purchased first merc ever - a 1984 280E. I was thinking of buying a newer car but having read lots of good things about the w123 especially it's build quality & longevity I knew it was the car for me. I'd welcome any tips on ownership - do's and dont's etc.

I'm particularly looking for a reliable & friendly place to take the car for future servicing and repairs & want to build up a good relationship with a trusted garage/mechanic (I'm not that great at DIY). I live in SW London/Surrey boarder. Also interested for views on specific issue of petrol - should I always put some additive in tank of unleaded ? Should I seek out leaded petrol ? Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I ran my 123 280TE on unleaded fuel for 4 years, great car and the last true DIY MB The build quality is very good.

Any problems with the locking, that is all vacuum will only for the best part be the one way valves and T pieces and cheap to replace.

Welcome to the forum :D:D

LevisMerc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 E220
Welcome to the W123 280 club.

As Malcolm says, you'll be fine on 95 unleaded - good times! :D

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom