TMC Question

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Well my *** has TMC without me having to listen to Classic FM. Ner, ner. :p

Mine should have too,,but not for those few seconds when its loading:mrgreen::mrgreen:

amwebby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W215
I just did some research on this. CD based COMAND doesn't have dual tuners and so will switch to Classic FM. DVD based COMAND, which I must assume you have, has dual tuners and so tunes to CLassic Fm "in the background."

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
The way that I read it mark was that you program in a route,,then add TMC. if there were no hold ups on my selected route then none would come up. I have no problem picking up Classic FM on both frequencies.

I have a menu in the radio section. If I go into stored channels, there is a (1) highlighted by the station name.

And my handbook list all the BBC channels only when i next do a trip away from home will I know what happens

when you set your route, the last page asks you if you want dynamic routes, fastest route, avoid tolls etc. if u select dynamic routes, it should auto tune to classic fm, then if I press the button on comand that looks like the satnav symbol for going over a roundabout, it displays known traffic jams and should offer you the fastest route based on this traffic info

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I just did some research on this. CD based COMAND doesn't have dual tuners and so will switch to Classic FM. DVD based COMAND, which I must assume you have, has dual tuners and so tunes to CLassic Fm "in the background."

Thank you very much :D:D

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have just gone down to the car to take some pics to help better explain TMC for those that have not yet seen it.

First, select Dynamic Routes to enable TMC
65833834.jpg

After it has calculated the route, you can press this button to access the available diverts
divert.jpg

this will give you this screen
1001898.jpg

there isnt much info here, as I chose my HOME as the destination, and I am parked in the drive :)

select the TMC Info on the bottom, and you can scroll through all of the traffic info, as you can see, it covers major roads only

89709247e.jpg

86523507.jpg

Last edited:

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
oops, images came out rather large and it wouldnt let me edit my post :(

vb doesnt like chrome by the looks of it

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
oops, images came out rather large and it wouldnt let me edit my post :(

Then as mine Mark, as that is what I saw on the time when it did show something

duraman

Reaction score

My S500 2003 53 model has widescreen comand, it uses teleatlas cd dx discs. The one in the drive is 2005dx disc with tmc. It definitly has dual tuners as i listen to Radio2 and use the TMC function everyday (not brilliant though around Manchester). In the handbook it says you can listen to other radio stations when TMC is in use. Hope this helps.

OP
B

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
If you care to put up the next 6 numbers after WDB of the VIN I will check to see it the soft ware need to be updated for you.

Hi Malcolm,

The first 6 of my VIN are 220025. Although the car is registered on a 54 plate, it appears to be manuactured a bit earlier (sometime in 2003). It was MB serviced up until last year, so they may well have installed updated to the COMAND as I know certainly my local MB dealer used to install any updates available on my E-class when it was in.

I also went in to engineer mode this morning and took photos of the software and hardware version pages if this is of any use.

Many Thanks,
Bill

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom