Today I Have Been Mostly Driving 1322bhp Of Mercedes

OP
Developer

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
Bottom of the range engines are probably fine for normal driving but there's nothing like a few HP extra for those traffic light grand prix's :)

Absolutely.

If you don't "get" performance cars then you'll never understand.

Whether you should or shouldn't use the power (from a safety/legal point of view), there's loads of opportunities on every journey to enjoy it.

Case in point m'lud....
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/155151-today-i-experienced.html

E320mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi sport 2007
Did you manage to get any pics of the grin on your face John?

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Surely the logical conclusion of this is just to buy a bottom of the range engine as they're all more than fast enough nowadays anyway.

The 2% of my driving where I go for a bit of a blast on some mountain roads i'm rather pleased my car is by far the limiting factor and find it fun keeping the momentum through the bends blasting up the hill. If the car isn't the limiting factor then the limiting factor will have to be self constraint and constant resistance of temptation, or the Boys in Blue, or a nasty accident...i think i'll just let the car limit my speed!

the other 98% of the time you also win by the increased fuel economy, lower insurance premiums, lower depreciation, lower base cost, lower service cost, etc, etc and general better reliability (with exceptions) of a simpler lower power unit.

New E220cdi will crack 60 in under 8 secs, faster than performance cars from not that long ago. E350cdi acceleration will match a 70's Ferrari

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
I really don't understand your point here?

Taking a similar timeframe

A late 1970's Morris Marina would accelerate to 60 faster than a 1930's Buggati.

What do you call a performance car I can't think of many in the last 30 years that are as slow as the E220cdi you quote above?

1980's Golf GTi?

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
Integrale...........
Now that's an amazing car even by today's standards. Still looks awesome as well!!!!!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom