TomTom Boing

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
Hi..
I have the old stly TomTom which I recently upgraded with the latest maps and firmware etc..
But now I get this "Boing, boing, boing" if I stray over the speed limit..
Is there a way I can stop this racket ?

Thanks for any help.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
glad to see im not the only one having probs with a tomtom today. soewhere in the menu theres a section for setting up the warnings etc. i have a tomtom one 2nd edition which is probably different but on mine if you tap the screen to go into the menu, tap on safety preferences it brings a list up of what it will bleep to warn you about. just tap to tick the ones you want, tap the ticked ones to untick them if you dont want them, and then just keep pressing done till you exit the menu. the screen after that, you can change the sound it makes, if you wanted to keep the warnings but change the noise it makes. hope this is of some use to you.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
what you need to do is get ogg audio files and have them the same name as the speed poi that they are for ie
30mphgatso.ovl
30mphgatso.ogg

then when you set the speed poi as active, it will select the ogg file to play

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
what you need to do is get ogg audio files and have them the same name as the speed poi that they are for ie
30mphgatso.ovl
30mphgatso.ogg

then when you set the speed poi as active, it will select the ogg file to play

Join pocketgps.com & you can download these, I would not drive without them.

Russ

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
Hi..
I have the old stly TomTom which I recently upgraded with the latest maps and firmware etc..
But now I get this "Boing, boing, boing" if I stray over the speed limit..
Is there a way I can stop this racket ?

Thanks for any help.

The "boing" is if you exceed the speed limit by more than 10% in other words nicking territory. Not sure whether you can actually turn this function off but you can turn all the other alarms on or off .

I find it a useful warning to avoid contributing to Gordons immigrant welfare fund !

OP
S.Speed

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ha ha "Gordons immigrant welfare fund" . . . Very good Quicksilver.
Unfortunately I have recently contributed to that fund and paid by cheque..My License was returned with 3 hand written points added.. BUT
I received a letter yesterday (23rd August) telling me that the letter was "certified sent" on 23rd JUNE (Yes 23rd of JUNE).
This letter is threatening me with court action and a £1000 fine + 6 points because it accused me of NOT paying the fine. Yet I sent the cheque along with my license, and I have recieved my license returned with the 3 points so how can they claim I havent paid???
I think if they got their house in order by being a little more efficient with the admin and less persecutory against motorists then just maybe the average person in the street would not see it as the rip off it so blatantly is !!
I dont care what excuses they make for the sheer proliferation of "Traffic Safety cameras", its obviously nothing more than a Taxation to fund a terribly run sinking country.
I marvel that the police have nothing better to do than to stake out a quiet country road at night (A588 - Lancaster road).. That road is dead straight with no side roads at the point I was lazered. Big deal..70 in a 60 zone at night.. Ooooh the world will end.
I swear this damned country is getting sadder by the day !
Have you heard about the new TAX regime Labour have planned IF they get in next? They plan to TAX people if they have any sort of nice View or a conservatory or even a damned tree outside the window.. I am NOT kidding..
This little gem only came to light thanks to the "freedom of information act"..
But I was doing 70 in a 60.... BIG DEAL !!!

Last edited:

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
Unfortunately I have recently contributed to that fund and paid by cheque..My License was returned with 3 hand written points added.. BUT
I received a letter yesterday (23rd August) telling me that the letter was "certified sent" on 23rd JUNE (Yes 23rd of JUNE).
This letter is threatening me with court action and a £1000 fine + 6 points because it accused me of NOT paying the fine. Yet I sent the cheque along with my license, and I have recieved my license returned with the 3 points so how can they claim I havent paid???
I think if they got their house in order by being a little more efficient with the admin and less persecutory against motorists then just maybe the average person in the street would not see it as the rip off it so blatantly is !!
I dont care what excuses they make for the sheer proliferation of "Traffic Safety cameras", its obviously nothing more than a Taxation to fund a terribly run sinking country.
I marvel that the police have nothing better to do than to stake out a quiet country road at night (A588 - Lancaster road).. That road is dead straight with no side roads at the point I was lazered. Big deal..70 in a 60 zone at night.. Ooooh the world will end.
Have you heard about the new TAX regime Labour have planned IF they get in next? They plan to TAX people if they have any sort of nice View or a conservatory or even a damned tree outside the window.. I am NOT kidding..

You wicked man --speeding like that!!

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You wicked man --speeding like that!!

life is for living. as long as its not somewhere silly like near a school or a housing estate, why not just let us live our lives?! government always go on about the number of kids being hurt or killed on our roads, how many of them look before walking into the road? (very few round here, if any!) how many times have you seen 'gypsies' in transit vans/pick-ups with 4 or 5 people (2 or 3 being kids) in a cab meant for 3 max, and the police turn a blind eye? (happens regularly here!) its about time the police got their priorities right.

an woman in her mid 70's was recently subjected to a horrific ordeal and the police responded by setting up speed cameras the next day. my nieces were recently attacked (aged 7 & 11) by a 14 yr old girl and an 11 yr old boy with a knife. my niece got some video evidence on her mobile. police came, said they could do nothing as the video wasnt clear enough and the audio wasnt good enough quality. wheres the computer wizards at then with their programmes to clean up the audio and video? so these bullys get away with it as the police cant be bothered to do their job. it means paperwork for them. speed camera's? torch them all!

if they had been immigrants or some other kind of minority group, something would have been done then!

sorry for the rant, but this kind of thing really annoys me now!

Last edited:

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
Ooooh I've started something here ? Taxed if you live pleasant surroundings eh , I'll get clobbered then as I have an estuary view .

I think its time to start polishing the bullets and loading the gun ready for our Gordon.

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
Ooooh I've started something here ? Taxed if you live pleasant surroundings eh , I'll get clobbered then as I have an estuary view .

I think its time to start polishing the bullets and loading the gun ready for our Gordon.

Ohhhhhhh - you can't say things like THAT :shock: You'll have the Thought Police after you.

Here in Spain, the authorities have a wonderful way of dealing with immigrants (and before you point out that I'm an Immigrant, I've taken out Residencia - so there!) They are all welcomed - BUT, if they haven't contributed a single cent to the State - they get nothing. Ziltch. Nada. So, what do they do? Correct, they keep on trekking to the Land of Milk and Honey (UK) hold their hands out, and utter the Magic Word - Benefits! and - behold - their cup doth overfloweth.

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score

i'm only gonna say one thing........................SHEEP Simon, SHEEP!!!!!! That damned road ALWAYS reminds of being in New Zealand Flat.Featureless & Full of Sheep

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
they keep on trekking to the Land of Milk and Honey (UK) hold their hands out, and utter the Magic Word - Benefits! and - behold - their cup doth overfloweth.

true, but i believe the magic word is not BENEFITS but ASYLUM. mention that and you get more than any uk born and bred person ever could dream of!

OP
S.Speed

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The answer is simple..
You are not allowed to be in politics unless you own a Merc..
The very nature of owning a Merc means you have a brain and can actually initiate free thought and use joined up writing !
Thanks for your thoughts and support.. Its heartwarming to know I am not alone in how I feel and think.
Ha-ha... SHEEP you are correct about that Hooded Claw.. (Just for all other members reading this, Hooded Claw is very local to me and so he knows the road I speak of very well).
Beer tomorrow evening Mr Claw.. Dont forget !!:p

Top Bottom