Top Gear - bunch of liars.....

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
That article is just about 8 years old - who cares? It (TG) is mostly cr@p and tongue in cheek although, some of the masses are stupid enough to have believed everything those 3 said / say.:)

Stated ranges for electrics are usually measured under absolutely perfect conditions.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I wouldn't believe anything in the written news media, their sole objective is to sell newspapers / get hits so they can get more advertising revenue. This is an 8 year old non-story written to cause outrage and it appears its doing its job...:rolleyes:

I here yesterday that a Dutch guy has driven with an EV to Australia - only took him 3 years...

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I kinda think anyone who watches Top Gear or Grand Tour on as regular basis is well aware of how they "test" cars!
The best one was a BMW M3 racing on a test track which was more economical than a Toyota Prious doing the same. Not real world, simply entertainment.

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
I kinda think anyone who watches Top Gear or Grand Tour on as regular basis is well aware of how they "test" cars!
The best one was a BMW M3 racing on a test track which was more economical than a Toyota Prious doing the same. Not real world, simply entertainment.
I liked that one.

OP
oigle

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
I wouldn't believe anything in the written news media, their sole objective is to sell newspapers / get hits so they can get more advertising revenue. This is an 8 year old non-story written to cause outrage and it appears its doing its job...:rolleyes:

I here yesterday that a Dutch guy has driven with an EV to Australia - only took him 3 years...

Yes, in news here but little detail. Guess that is being kept for a book....

OP
oigle

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
I do agree with all above but still am annoyed at not just exaggeration but absolute lies and falsehoods. That takes the value out of that show. Surely they could create great shows without that.....

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I do agree with all above but still am annoyed at not just exaggeration but absolute lies and falsehoods. That takes the value out of that show. Surely they could create great shows without that.....

I lived in Oz for 7 years and know that life is slower and news takes a while to get there but 8 years is crazy.......:);)

OP
oigle

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
I lived in Oz for 7 years and know that life is slower and news takes a while to get there but 8 years is crazy.......:);)

I did say in my original post that it was an OLD item :( but was still annoyed at the blatant lying involved...

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I did say in my original post that it was an OLD item :( but was still annoyed at the blatant lying involved...

No worries mate - need to take what those fellas say with a barrel of salt:)!

Last edited:

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
I believe a Skoda Yeti is faster than a Ferrari.

Tesla lost their claim against Top Gear so it seems Elon was making his own false claims? I guess the presenters were lucky the milk float did not spontaneously combust. :D

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I believe a Skoda Yeti is faster than a Ferrari.

Tesla lost their claim against Top Gear so it seems Elon was making his own false claims? I guess the presenters were lucky the milk float did not spontaneously combust. :D
Did he call them pedos?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom