Top Gear tonight - best episode in ages

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Apart from the Facel Vega I can't think of a French car that I could take to. :rolleyes:
I blame indoctrination from an early age - the family car was a Peugeot 404 7-seater estate from 1971 to 1981 when it was replaced by a Citroen GS Estate (both of which I drove as a teenager when allowed). I would love a hydro-pneumatic Citroen in my garage now.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Loved the Chris Harris car review Sunday. We have a Fiesta, a C class, and I can't stand SUVs. :D

noonboots

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL 500 2003 M113 5.0l
We had Citroen CX at work. It was a tremendous motorway cruiser. Amazing ride comfort.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
We had Citroen CX at work. It was a tremendous motorway cruiser. Amazing ride comfort.

Once described to me as 'Driving a French car is like sitting in a big fat birds lap' :D

OP
gramey

gramey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently none
The local funeral directors used to use CX estates to pick up the recently departed. :)

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
What about the CX prestige a friend had one of those a very comfortable cruiser for its time.

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
What about the CX prestige a friend had one of those a very comfortable cruiser for its time.
The raised roofline of the Prestige was a little less attractive. I would go for an early CX with chrome bumpers - although they had a prehistoric engine.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Apart from the Facel Vega I can't think of a French car that I could take to. :rolleyes:

The original DS was way way ahead of its time ... look at the pre-war Traction Avant that it replaced. The earlier cars especially still stand out in a crowd. I'd have one.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom