Top-Up Coolant message? Help!

janedoe

New Registration
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Help!

I have a 2008 ML-350. The other day I got the message "Top Up Coolant." I promptly checked under the engine and found that the coolant was actually full, but the top was not screwed on properly--it was simply just sitting on top of the coolant can. I assumed this was the reason for the message and went on my way. However, a few days later I am still getting the "Top Up Coolant" message.

Any ideas? I can schedule a trip to Mercedes, but thought I would check here first. Thanks!!

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
You should return and ask them to check the coolant and check if the message has to be cancelled by Star..

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
Welcome to the forum,
I expect you have lost a small bit of coolant, because of the loose cap, If it was me I would just put a small amount of water in, half a pint or less. I would imagine the low coolant warning would extinguish once level is correct but if after topping up you still get the warning, take it to MB to have it investigated.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom