Total closure

Dazzler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDi Estate 05
Does the c class W203 not have the facility to close the windows and roof etc from the key fob:(

Its a nice feature when you forget to do it before you switch the car off and get out:roll:

GeorgeA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212
Does the c class W203 not have the facility to close the windows and roof etc from the key fob:(

Its a nice feature when you forget to do it before you switch the car off and get out:roll:

If you hold the air re-circulation button then any open windows will close, not sure about the roof though - try it.

Other than that get out, close the door, hold the key fob near to the handle, keeping the lock button depressed and any open windows will close.

OP
D

Dazzler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDi Estate 05
If you hold the air re-circulation button then any open windows will close, not sure about the roof though - try it.

Other than that get out, close the door, hold the key fob near to the handle, keeping the lock button depressed and any open windows will close.

You have to stand by the lock??
Why is that?
I stood at the front of the car and held down the lock button to no avail.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
THe IR receiver is in the driver's door handle..

GeorgeA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212
You have to stand by the lock??
Why is that?
I stood at the front of the car and held down the lock button to no avail.

Stand right besid the drivers door and hold the key fob close the the door handle - then keep lock button on fob depressed and any open windows will close.

Conversely shoul the car be locked and the windows shut holding the unlock button - again next to the handle - will unlock the car and open the window

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
As George , point it directly into the door handle then once locked, press it again and hold the button down

HelpThisDude

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C270CDI, R172 SLK55 AMG
Glad to know I was not the only one..... :)

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
I have been itching to ask the same question, although I did already know about the press twice, hold button, point to door handle, wait 10 mins, unlock car put key in ignition, close windows manually and so on. It realy is not good enough.

I used to have an old vectra that had total closure from door locks. ONE click from remote and everything closed, no waiting, no checking no fuss, and most importantly no worries whether it worked or you stood there long enough (like did the only open back window the other side of the car actually close that time)???

Is there any way this can be done as an option every time guaranteed?, I suppose star will be involved again somewhere, but I think its an essential.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have been itching to ask the same question, although I did already know about the press twice, hold button, point to door handle, wait 10 mins, unlock car put key in ignition, close windows manually and so on. It realy is not good enough.

I used to have an old vectra that had total closure from door locks. ONE click from remote and everything closed, no waiting, no checking no fuss, and most importantly no worries whether it worked or you stood there long enough (like did the only open back window the other side of the car actually close that time)???

Is there any way this can be done as an option every time guaranteed?, I suppose star will be involved again somewhere, but I think its an essential.

You just get out of the car with it all open,push the locking button and it all locks push the locking button again and hold the button down while it all closes

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Thanks for your reply, but can it not be modified to be done with the one click.
Press and hold doesnt work everytime.

I cant think of a single time or place where I would ever just lock the doors and be willing to risk leaving windows open.
I would like total closure, alarm set etc with one click

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I think it's a safety thing. You have to be present and keep the button pressed so you can observe no one gets trapped in the closing window.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think it's a safety thing. You have to be present and keep the button pressed so you can observe no one gets trapped in the closing window.

Or so that you can see how much pain the ones trapped are in,:twisted::twisted: while closing

C

Celtic pride

Is it an option? My CLK Avantgarde (2003-04) doesn't doany of it - much to my disappointment

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Is it an option? My CLK Avantgarde (2003-04) doesn't doany of it - much to my disappointment

It should do to, only when up close top the handle

Wirral_guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270cdi Avantgarde

My 2004 CLK Avantgarde does. You do have to point the end of the key at the drivers side handle fairly accurately though. If you are unsure, have a look at the drivers door handle and you will see a little red window where a keyhole used to be - that's what you need to point the key at.

Dave

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Did mine tonight. Took three goes and neighbors must have thought I had a hazard light remote control, standing there like a nob trying to get the damn things to go up.
And when they do you have to keep perfectly still, not release the button or move in any way, and then a bit extra incase a windows still open anywhere.
WHAT A PAIN.
Please anyone, if you find out how, pass on the mod to provide total closure with the doors locking. i.e. one click to lock car - total closure. Simple really !

C

Celtic pride

Did mine too!!

It takes me about 3 minutes using the key ouside pointed at the sensor and about 20 seconds to open the car put the key in the ignition and close the windows:confused:

Maybe I should have had a couple less glasses of wine last night - a millimetre of movement of the key stops the process.

Thanks for the info.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Surely it must be easier to close all of the windows and then roof before you get out

Top Bottom