Total closure

GeorgeA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212
Did mine too!!

It takes me about 3 minutes using the key ouside pointed at the sensor and about 20 seconds to open the car put the key in the ignition and close the windows:confused:

Maybe I should have had a couple less glasses of wine last night - a millimetre of movement of the key stops the process.

Thanks for the info.

There is obviously something not quite right if it takes minutes to carry out this operation. On mine it works perfectly smoothly in seconds. Remember you HOLD the lock or unlock button throughout the operation.

Perhaps the battery in the key fob needs replacement?????:idea:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Perhaps the battery in the key fob needs replacement?????:idea:

Could well be and total closing is a sure way to kill the batteries in the remotes

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Don't worry ... the batteries are cheap enough .. from 7dayshop ......

C

Celtic pride

Must get batteries

I must get batteries - I swapped over to the spare key and it worked a treat!! - They always say start with the little things (rotor arms etc. - that dates me!).

Thanks for all the advice.

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Any one seen this. . . .
https://www.wit-usa.com/sms/shop/index.php?mode=view&idlistpos=1

Bit expensive but it does quite a lot besides
Product Features:
Remote window and sunroof control: One-Touch operation of the windows and the sunroof with the original remote. No extra remote fob or reprogramming of the key or car is necessary!

For extra safety and visibility: Hazard Lights flash during remote operation.

User-programmable door unlock feature optionally unlocks the doors when the engine is switched off and the key removed.

Chirp on lock/unlock: If activated, the alarm horn will give brief "chirp" signals when locking/unlocking the car.

HomeLight XL: The fog lights or low beams can be activated for 30 seconds at any time by tapping the red panic button on the remote briefly. Tapping the button again before the time runs out will switch the lights off immediately.

TVEnable feature allows the passenger to play DVDs or watch TV on the COMMAND screen (with already installed factory or aftermarket tuner / dvd player) while the car is in motion.

User programmable: All features can be individually enabled or disabled. Some also allow different personal preferences to be set. All settings are retained even if the car battery is disconnected.

Shop/Diagnose mode: The remoteKEY can be set to be completely passive, as if it was not installed at all. It becomes invisible to diagnostic tools

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Interesting gizmo, but .....

Remote window and sunroof control: One-Touch operation of the windows and the sunroof with the original remote. No extra remote fob or reprogramming of the key or car is necessary!

User-programmable door unlock feature optionally unlocks the doors when the engine is switched off and the key removed.
But opening the doors has the same effect as the unlock feature. If you've taken the key out then you're getting out, will operate the handle anyway and the doors will unlock...?

Ok you do need to be there for total closure but it only takes a few seconds and it is safer.

Chirp on lock/unlock: If activated, the alarm horn will give brief "chirp" signals when locking/unlocking the car.
I like the way mine is silent, in fact I regret the fact that MB have swapped from a silent vacuum system to a clunky electical one - somehow, to me, a chirp is a bit ....err ..... Halfords.

HomeLight XL: The fog lights or low beams can be activated for 30 seconds at any time by tapping the red panic button on the remote briefly. Tapping the button again before the time runs out will switch the lights off immediately.
May be programmable from star - mine does this as standard.

TVEnable feature allows the passenger to play DVDs or watch TV on the COMMAND screen (with already installed factory or aftermarket tuner / dvd player) while the car is in motion.

We has a discussion around this a while back - the conclusion - ****** dangerous, not taking into account the fact that it's highly illegal and if seen from a police range rover you could say goodbye to your licence. People involved in accidents have been jailed for such things!

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Yeah, agree with all that. But if MB in their wisdom allows me to lock the doors with the windows open then something else is needed. Likewise the auto locking feature button on the dash.
Whats the point if the windows are wide open?

I dont need the rest either but they cant really sell a 50 pence relay for 200 quid unless its 'packed' with some features.

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverdicky

I like the way mine is silent, in fact I regret the fact that MB have swapped from a silent vacuum system to a clunky electical one - somehow, to me, a chirp is a bit ....err ..... Halfords.

I wish mine did chirp - would save standing there waiting to see if the locks have dropped but looking to all and sundry like you are admiring your own car :razz:

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverdicky

I wish mine did chirp - would save standing there waiting to see if the locks have dropped but looking to all and sundry like you are admiring your own car :razz:

I was under the impression chirping locks were a no-no in the UK? I also thought that if you enable Netherlands mode they did chirp?

The very reason I have auto-folding door mirrors is so I can see at a glance, from across the car park, the car is locked. :cool:

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda

I suppose mine does chirp really. Like whitenemesis, my mirrors autofold and on the 211, the rubber seals make a squeaky chripy sound as they fold. Also like whitenemesis I do like the fact that I can glance across at the car and if the mirrors are in, I can relax.

Downside is that I've had to completely rewire one of the mirrors and the other can't be too far from a broken wire.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I know that I am being smug,,but with keyless go you press the button as you leave the car, ok this does take a few milli seconds,but the car is then locked as you see the buttons go down, I hardly ever have cause to fold my mirrors, in fact on a narrow road I would rather lose a mirror than the side of the car

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
I would just like the windows to close - when I press the LOCK button.

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
That would be unfortunate.

. . . .and any case, not much point in locking the car with windows open is there. :idea:

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes

. . . .and any case, not much point in locking the car with windows open is there. :idea:

Yes, there is on my car, when the roof is down it makes little difference with the windows up

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05

But there may be a safety consideration? Or even a security concern? Get out of the car blip the key fob whilst walking away.

A small child get part of it's anatomy trapped in the window

or

Some scrote deliberately causes the window to stop and the he has easy access.

You meanwhile are unaware because your car always closes the windows when locked..

The system MB have ensures you are there when the windows close but still allows you convenience of closing them from outside.

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
I would never believe any of that. What TOSH. Always an H&S excuse.

Of course where it COULD actually happen, is where poor designs leave power to windows and kids operate them, or idiots leave keys in car etc. But not relevant.

When locking I think most NORMAL people would notice their child holding there head IN a wide open window (because you would not lock a child in the car would you) while you were about to lock it. Also aren't they current sensing / limiting to know when they reach end of travel. Or do they rely on silly micro switches. I do believe its current sensing. So could not cause an injury anyway. Of cause your thieving scrote may still be trapped.
Anyway the 'couldn't this or could that is still irrelevant'.
The likely hood is they are damn inconvenient, have poor functionality and a serious security risk as they are.
And I WANT them to close when I lock the car, whatever any perceived calamities there are. Simple

Last edited:

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom