Total closure

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Note the ? marks in my post. I'm not making statements more raising points for discussion, not perfunctuary dismissal!

In a litagatory (sp?) society businesses cannot rely on 'most' or 'normal' behaviour anymore. It only takes one incident to cause 'embarrasment'.

I fully support cleverdicky's choice to have the functionality he desires but that doesn't stop me from "playing devil's advocate" or "throwing rocks into the pond" to have a discussion.

And yes, I believe the windows operate on current sensing to stop operating, which brings to my second point, deliberately stopping the action to gain access.

The perceived damn inconvenience is just that perception. How difficult is it to remember to close all the windows before getting out?

Sorry cleverdicky, no offense intended :)

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I wouldn't want the windows to autoclose every time, though it might be nice from time to time. I have to say its not something that I've really missed. On the maybe 1 occasion a year I need this function, its no major inconvenience to stand there for 5 seconds whilst the windows wind up.
I've also had (more) occasions where I've locked the car with the dog inside. Windows down a bit and interior sensor off. The car is still locked, alarmed and immobilised so provided I don't leave an ipod lying around on the seat, its all safe. Same goes for a cabrio I guess.

Hence I don't think its really an issue. If it didn't close at all from the remote that would be a problem but as it does I'm happy enough to stand there for a few seconds.
I think we get spolit. Just think back to the days before electric windows and remote central locking/alarms. I remember having to get out, walk round each door in turn winding up the window and pushing down the button, then on to the back of the car where the alarm key hole was, to set it.. How times have changed!!

If we're on the subject of missing features though, what it really needs though is deadlocks.

OP
D

Dazzler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDi Estate 05
At the end of the day for some reason mine does not work:(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You have to work out if the IR locking is still working,,the RF long range will of coarse still work at short range. If the windows do not close then it must be an IR fault

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Note the ? marks in my post. I'm not making statements more raising points for discussion, not perfunctuary dismissal!

In a litagatory (sp?) society businesses cannot rely on 'most' or 'normal' behaviour anymore. It only takes one incident to cause 'embarrasment'.

I fully support cleverdicky's choice to have the functionality he desires but that doesn't stop me from "playing devil's advocate" or "throwing rocks into the pond" to have a discussion.

And yes, I believe the windows operate on current sensing to stop operating, which brings to my second point, deliberately stopping the action to gain access.

The perceived damn inconvenience is just that perception. How difficult is it to remember to close all the windows before getting out?

Sorry cleverdicky, no offense intended :)

None taken mate. Its nice to discuss options. However I do sometimes feel that whatever I feel is right that suits me best, someone will always say black is white.
And while thats their prerogative I'd like to choose what I feel is best. I get a similar thing at work A LOT and always end up fixing the consequences of someone else's poor ideas and opinions that have an impact on me. Why is that?
Perhaps I need therapy - or an AK47 :)

I had total closure on my last car for two years. It worked very well and did what I wanted. No one died, or was injured, sued me or what ever.

Today after making the earlier comments I filled up at garage. Remembered and closed drivers window before getting out of car. As I walked in to pay after closing petrol cap I duly locked the car, as I had stuff on the passenger seat.

Came out of shop after paying, unlocked car and got in and noticed passenger window wide open. Dont know if I opened by mistake or just never closed it. Lucky nothing was taken.

What a DAMN pain and I have to say CRAP design. :twisted:

With all the electronics, what a simple option it would be to flick a switch or program the choice.

Last edited:

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
An AK47 is therapy! :twisted:

You are right of course, the option should be there to enable if desired.

I believe MB have now stopped part of the convenience function (seat moving back or s'wheel moving) because of the potential for injury.... :confused:

Does make me wonder how I survived childhood in the 60's and driving in the 70's :rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Surely if you lock the car with a window open the alarm will go off

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom