Tougher punishments for inconsiderate driving

Clkrichard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 Cabriolet 2004, R 230 SL 500 2005, new A class AMG Sport.
That will be imposed on employees.
Talk about BB !

Maybe but its a lot more expensive than other tracking solutions and will be hard wired into the A Class so non transferrable to replacement vehicles

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
"middle lane hoggers"
This is only applicable when lane 1 is available. If lane 1 is full of heavy goods vehicles doing 55mph other users doing 70mph Blah Blah Blah

What should be punished is "middle lane hoggers" who will not move into empty lane 1.

I have not looked this up but IIRC in the Highway Code does it not say something along the lines of for multi lane highways you may "undertake" if the traffic in the lane to your right is moving slower than your lane. I will stand the flaming but anyone who thinks it's OK to sit in lane 2 should have an automatic ban for 28 days + Fine + penalty points.

steve_k243

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Sport/2016 BMW 520d (dark side for a couple of years)
As I said I think the offences will be "policed" by camera and become a healthy income stream.
It does have some merit though.
All those traffic camera systems will be easy to programme for tailgaiting and middle lane hogging.

How long is too long in the middle lane? If I move out to overtake, say an HGV, but see another 400 Metres ahead do I have to pull in to avoid a nick?
I fully understand that the middle lane(S) hog is a dangerous menace, but how do you quantify it? Amnesty for undertakers? The M24 now has 2 lanes of d*ckheads to contend with.

yorkshire1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
"98 S202 C250TD Manual hybrid
middle lane

with middle lane hogs at what point does the speed limit come into the equation because if everyones travelling at 70mph apart from lane1 hgvs etc nobody is holding anyone up as to overtake the "hogs" one would need to exceed the limit

on a side note they want to fine the d**heads that insist on driving about at night with front auxilliaries on all the time and rear foglights at the first sign of a slight mist/rain

spock500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300TD, 1998
When the highway code was initially designed there were a lot fewer vehicles on the road.

Whilst I agree in principal with the middle lane rule it is sometime very difficult to practice due to weight/volume of traffic.

The M25 is a good example, many sections of the road are so heavily congested you would be lucky to change lane let alone overtake.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
The new law will allow the police to use their common sense and judgement before making a fine. All well and good but we've all met the over zealous cop and this scenario is what concerns most. Everyone has a view and not all see things the same, lets hope it's not another money making scam, could be very lucrative.

drdre78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c200 200
You know there is worst thing then driver in wrong lane going to slow.That is m25 signs say 40mph and causing the m25 to come to stand still and it all clears up and nothing there.they should be saying speed up.why do they aslo have same speed for each lane they all should be different.Suppose it good for tax man all that traffic burns fuel and tax man get more money

Last edited:

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
You know there is worst thing then driver in wrong lane going to slow.That is m25 signs say 40mph and causing the m25 to come to stand still and it all clears up and nothing there.they should be saying speed up.why do they aslo have same speed for each lane they all should be different.Suppose it good for tax man all that traffic burns fuel and tax man get more money

You are the first person Ive heard with the same belief that i have.
When working in london and other buy towns I just couldnt understand the philosophy of so many traffic lights and poorly laid out junctions causing traffic to crawl in stop starts.
I did used to think it was because their mates owned the companies that supplied them. A bit like the company that supplies the computer terminals for all the job centers.
Then it struck that the more we waste on fuel sitting in jams, the more revenue thay make.
And even when they do invest in roads its usually a 'project' that achieves little or no benefit.
Cynical but has to be true.

maska

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class
The new law will allow the police to use their common sense and judgement before making a fine. All well and good but we've all met the over zealous cop and this scenario is what concerns most. Everyone has a view and not all see things the same, lets hope it's not another money making scam, could be very lucrative.

When Have You Ever Heard Of A Cop, With Common Sense !! :confused:

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom