st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Good evening people,

Very early this morning (around 430am departure) I decided to make the most of the morning light and go for a tour in my delightful and all conquering C220cdi estate. I'd have wanted to fit a lot more tours in this year but work commitments have got the better of me and today was the first clear day I had before I could get a tour in.

The BBC forecast is a excellent device and my favourite haunt, Rannoch Moor was misty and cloudy, not good for the morning light to come through and even with front fogs maybe not the wisest idea. ( I heard reports later from a group of climbs of sub 10m visibility, so it would take all facking day to get anywhere.

Instead, I aimed a bit more costal and piloted the skip sedately up to Kilchurn castle at Loch Awe, now I know my last Scottish tour featured here, but really, its a stunning Landscape and a good place to kick off the day and my heart was set on Rannoch Moor, but you can see East here and the clouds weren't pretty, so it was to aim west.

_DSC0008 by stephentaylor4@hotmail.com, on Flickr

Pretty clear here and the reeds are a lot longer than when I last came here. Whilst I really wanted to head to Loch Tulla and Lochan Na-H Achaillaise on Rannoch Moor, I had also promised myself a morning trip to Castle Stalker, on Loch Linnhe. It seemed almost rude not to.

The best of the A85 is again in the other direction towards Tyndrum and the A82 but nonetheless the drive to Connel is perfectly pleasant and I set the speedtronic to 55mph to err on the side of caution and save fuel.

From Connell you then head up the Appin coast (Loch Linnhe essentially) and past some nice views

_DSC0024 by stephentaylor4@hotmail.com, on Flickr

This was all IIRC before 730am so the water was still, and the light peaceful and restful. Wish I came out the night before and camped here. A lot did, I missed out but had a party to go to, in which a lot of pizza was consumed.

I digress, Castle Stalker....

_DSC0028 by stephentaylor4@hotmail.com, on Flickr

Ugly old me

_DSC0035 by stephentaylor4@hotmail.com, on Flickr

And some walking around later and the best of the light was gone....

_DSC0039 by stephentaylor4@hotmail.com, on Flickr

From here, it was a simple drive up to Ballahulish, and back via the A82 through Glen Coe (my favourite place in the whole wide world and I never tire of just "being there").

However, I've never seen such an interesting cloud formation above Buchaille Etive Mor as I was driving on the 82. I turned off at the Loch Etive turn and went down.

Obligitory estate car photobombing

_DSC0053 by stephentaylor4@hotmail.com, on Flickr

Yeah yeah, I've blown out the car and the lights gone hard (its 10am so close to midday), but you rarely see such a low cloud formation in such a clear day.

Theres a well trodden path near a car park just along this way. Its worth going along as it gives you an isolated view of this most iconic and beautiful mountain. Some chaps who camped over night said he couldn't see 10m in front of him at 4am and it took ages for the fog to clear, so my gut instinct was correct.

Nice view and I've not gone one of Glencoe so green and summery before but I need back earlier in the morning.

_DSC0058 by stephentaylor4@hotmail.com, on Flickr

Handily I am on late shift this week, so do have the time if the weather holds up to hit Loch Tulla, Lochan Na-H Achaillaise and here before I am due in work.

At 47mpg, its not like I cannot afford not too

_DSC0059 by stephentaylor4@hotmail.com, on Flickr

Pinenut

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C220 CDi sport 2007
i never tire of seeing those photographic views you take - perfect.

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
Agree with Pinenut but then he sticks one of himself in and ruins it :p

aquanaut

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2020 C63s AMG
as usual, great photos. About time you came over to the east coast and toured Grampian and cairngorms....get yourself to glentaner and Loch Muick!

R

Ringway

Nice report. Great Pics!

If I get an SLS one day, I'll marry it and you can do the wedding photo's. :D

Corned

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S211 E320CDI Avantgarde
Nice report. Great Pics!

If I get an SLS one day, I'll marry it and you can do the wedding photo's. :D

It would be the wedding night photos which would make the money in that instance.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom