Touring: My best of Scotland - Westhighlands and Cairngorms

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
There are few places in this world that compare with the beauty of the West Coast of Scotland once civilisation becomes sparse....providing you get the weather it really is gorgeous and ever changing for such a small spot n this earth...

I miss this living where I do now .......

==========================
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
There are few places in this world that compare with the beauty of the West Coast of Scotland once civilisation becomes sparse....providing you get the weather it really is gorgeous and ever changing for such a small spot n this earth...

I miss this living where I do now .......

==========================
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The weather is challenging here. We planned this grand tour back in August when I saw Sam after my Peak district tour as I visited him in York.

Luckily the weather paid off. The previous two weekends were desparately awful.

I've rewarded the car with a wash today.

trapperjohn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S124 300D 24v,
So how is the "C" standing up to the miles Steve?

You must have done a few since picking it up. Some I know would have been pottering about. Other quite demanding for it I would imagine. Have you replaced any wear and tear items. How about tyres - I know they have took a pounding.

CHEERS

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
So how is the "C" standing up to the miles Steve?

You must have done a few since picking it up. Some I know would have been pottering about. Other quite demanding for it I would imagine. Have you replaced any wear and tear items. How about tyres - I know they have took a pounding.

CHEERS

I've only done 3k miles in it since getting it. I rarely use it to go to work.

MPG wise, its averaging 40.6mpg on the OBC. I've not brim checked it, but a tank is lasting on average a reasonable 550 from 65litres approx.

Replaced nothing. The alignment seems ok and the car, like all standard Mercedes has a well set up chassis so tyre wear is decent. I got 30k miles out the back of my E320cdi, I expect this to do the same.

I've purchased winter tyres, well 2 as my mate gave me 2 as his new car has bigger wheels and won't take his winter tyres for his golf. They fit on mine. I expect now that I won't have to purchase a new set of tyres until 2014 now :D

Driving wise its a really pleasant car on the road, road holding is excellent, body roll miminal, its big enough to be quiet on the motorway (doing 65mph and it goes over 50mpg and is silent) but small enough to be chuckable.

The engine for a diesel is very responsive. Smaller turbo, less lag than the V6 bit its not as refined or punchy, but its more than sufficient. The gearbox is actually perfect, Mercedes with the 5g box made the best modern automatic transmisssion ever, with 7g they made the worst...LOL

Checking tyres, I got it with approx 6mm all round, this hasn't changed.

Its a really jolly car and I am very very pleased with it.

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
Only just looked at these photos Steve..
Absolutely stunning..
You really do have a gift with a Camera..
Remember we half talked of a delux Grand tour in the spring time ???
I do hope this comes to Pass... We could do a REAL extended tour.. I would be willing to take a week off if needed ??Please keep it in mind...:D

Beemer2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E250 petrol W212
St4,

As an amateur photographer (camera club member) I was very impressed with your images especially many of your compositions.

That said, your images containing people (yourself? and another) were, (note I'm an oldie) a little demonstrative and (here I go) detracted from your otherwise great images.

All that said, I do look forward to seeking images from your next trip.

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
St4,

As an amateur photographer (camera club member) I was very impressed with your images especially many of your compositions.

That said, your images containing people (yourself? and another) were, (note I'm an oldie) a little demonstrative and (here I go) detracted from your otherwise great images.

All that said, I do look forward to seeking images from your next trip.

Some here were photographs and images, others were snaps if you know what I mean....

If you are on talkphotography, you"ll see me there too. Here we have a photography thread in the OT area, its really good and you can post your images and discuss all things photography related (correcting verticles seem a common chat)

Beemer2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E250 petrol W212
Some here were photographs and images, others were snaps if you know what I mean....

If you are on talkphotography, you"ll see me there too. Here we have a photography thread in the OT area, its really good and you can post your images and discuss all things photography related (correcting verticles seem a common chat)

Thanks for taking my comment in the way I intended. I'll check out the talk photography forum.

thanks

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom