TPMS Sensors

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
Has anybody on here bought a set of sensors for a C Class 205? If so, any recommendations as prices per set vary from £90 on Ebay, upwards to £400 if you go to NTS.

Just fitted winter wheels from previous car, but no TPMS on these, so want to get rid of warning lights!

All advice welcome as usual.

Ernie

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Why not ask the sellers to be sure on this.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
but wouldn't you need each set of sensors coding to the car each time you swapped wheels over?

Last edited:
OP
E

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the comments, guys. I think if you buy MB compatible sensors, they are picked up by the CPU without additional coding. At the moment, I have a large yellow warning that there are no sensors, which I can cancel, but there remains a little yellow tyre symbol indicating something wrong.

I just didn't want to pay MB prices if I could help it. Alloy Wheels direct are offering a set of 4 for £200. I can also get set of MB sensors from Germany for 189 Euro delivered and there are several Ebay sellers at varying prices.

Ernie

ps By the way, TPMS Warehouse's phones are out and their web-site is also out of bounds as far as I can see.

Last edited:

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Thanks for the comments, guys. I think if you buy MB compatible sensors, they are picked up by the CPU without additional coding. .....

The ecu/cpu will need to know which sensor is from which corner of the car ..... that's only my guess though

OP
E

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
DEcided to bite the bullet and give my 'local' a ring....supply only £184.80 and fitted a total of £245, including VAT. Hopefully, no problems of compatibility then, or having to have them fitted by a 3rd party.

Ernie

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Probably the best move, yes the car has a receiver in each wheel arch so that it knows what wheel is what and where.

OP
E

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
too late? sorry if its not helpful

these should work and turn up quick

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autel-Maxi...TF8&qid=1478626194&sr=8-4&keywords=autel+tpms

Thanks for the suggestion; yes they probably would work and could probably have saved me some cash, but would still need fitting; one of our local tyre shops wanted £15/wheel if I supplied.

Hopefully all would be good, but what if not - further costs to take them out and return? Not difficult to see a saga developing!

Car goes into MB on Thursday, so I'll let you know how that goes. At least the car will get washed!

By the way, we had some snow tonight...and we are at sea level, so not too early with the winter wheels.

Ernie

OP
E

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just a quick follow up on the TPM Sensors...Appointment yesterday cancelled due to non-arrival of parts, but work carried out this morning with no problems and no damage to the alloys, although it's got to be said that they are not pristine, but OK for a couple of seasons.

Total cost £245 which included half an hour's labour. By the way, it is cheaper to buy a set of 4 from MB than costing them individually. To be honest, I don't know how NTS and others like them get away with their pricing.

Ernie

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Just a quick follow up on the TPM Sensors...Appointment yesterday cancelled due to non-arrival of parts, but work carried out this morning with no problems and no damage to the alloys, although it's got to be said that they are not pristine, but OK for a couple of seasons.

Total cost £245 which included half an hour's labour. By the way, it is cheaper to buy a set of 4 from MB than costing them individually. To be honest, I don't know how NTS and others like them get away with their pricing.

Ernie

that's cheap, buy four, fit four, programme four and got the wheels rebalanced.... which is nice

OP
E

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
And guaranteed, I think, for 2 years!

Ernie

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom