TPMS Valve

SRE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 2005
Went out this morning and the car was sitting there with a completely flat front tyre. The offside front did have a slow leak with the low pressure warning popping up every couple of weeks if I didn't keep on top of it but this morning it was completely flat. I took the wheel off to look for a foreign object nestling in the tread somewhere but could find nothing so preceded to pump it back up to 31psi.

On removing the airline I could hear air escaping around the valve and a quick wiggle of the valve showed that the valve stem was lose and the retaining nut was doing very little. On close examination, the thread on the stem and nut are now almost non-existent. I have had a standard rubber tyre valve fitted for now to get me back on the road but will need a new TPM sensor and valve. The valve stem seems to be simple to replace but the ones on ECP seem to be a slightly different design so may have to buy the whole thing.

Has anyone found a cheap source of the VDO TPMS sensors or better still replacement Valve Stems?

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
TPMSwarehouse in Accrington and TPMScentre in Wales do them iirc.

Reactions: SRE
OP
SRE

SRE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 2005
Thanks, TPMS Centre has the valve stems at £7.50 each so will try that. Wont have to code a new sensor that way.

We are a completely independent Mercedes Benz service, Mercedes repair and Mercedes MOT centre located in Warrington, Cheshire and have been established since April 2006. All servicing carried out by MB Tech is in accordance with manufacturer service schedules and carried out by Mercedes Benz trained mechanics.
Contact MB-TECH on 01925 653050 or visitwww.mercedesservicingwarrington.co.uk
Top Bottom