Transmission Malfunction Message (B200 Turbo)

saxena

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B200 Turbo/2006/2.0
Hi there,

This morning I drove to the mechanic for a wheel alignment, he did his thing and then when I went to start the car again, it wouldn't start. It turns out that the battery was dead - so I got it replaced.

Now, I get an error message on the dash that says 'Transmission Malfunction - Go to Mechanic' and the car doesn't accelerate as it did before.

Any suggestions as to what it might be and what solutions I may try - apart from the obvious - that the transmission is bust and I need a new one? Could it be an electronic error or something. Has anyone come across this before?

It is a B200Turbo 2006. Your help would be much appreciated :)

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You must get the car on the Mercedes STAR diagnostic kit,, this is an engine fault I would say.

OP
S

saxena

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B200 Turbo/2006/2.0
Thanks very much for the suggestion, Malcolm. The funny thing is that when I started the car this morning (very gingerly) to park it elsewhere, I looked at the Instrument Cluster to find it saying "No Malfunction". Couldn't believe my eyes! Scrolled through the Menu several times but it kept coming back with the same message. So, I decided to drive it to work and the machine purred and took off like ol' times...:D I've got every thing crossed (includes fingers) that the good fortune now lasts.
One more thing - When I got the spark plugs changed, a lot many electrical connectors were disconnected. When they were connected and the car was ready to be taken off the hoist, it wouldn't start. Long story short - it went into lock-down for 24 hours. pushed the ignition at random the next day which was around the same time the disconnections were made and the engine roared to life. Strange machine.....

Comand

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63, SL55, A150, X5, Raptor, ZX10, ZRX1100, Mini, RD350B, RD250B
Hi there,

This morning I drove to the mechanic for a wheel alignment, he did his thing and then when I went to start the car again, it wouldn't start. It turns out that the battery was dead - so I got it replaced.

Now, I get an error message on the dash that says 'Transmission Malfunction - Go to Mechanic' and the car doesn't accelerate as it did before.

Any suggestions as to what it might be and what solutions I may try - apart from the obvious - that the transmission is bust and I need a new one? Could it be an electronic error or something. Has anyone come across this before?

It is a B200Turbo 2006. Your help would be much appreciated :)

Ive seen this on my B class once.

I SCN coded the transmission ECU which did a firmware update too and all has been well since.

OP
S

saxena

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B200 Turbo/2006/2.0
Hi, how did you manage a firmware update? :)

Comand

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63, SL55, A150, X5, Raptor, ZX10, ZRX1100, Mini, RD350B, RD250B
Hi, how did you manage a firmware update? :)

I connected the car up to Xentry and ran through the control module programming section.

I would take a trip to your local MErcedes dealer and ask them to apply the latest firmware to all the control units in the car. I do mine about once per year.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom