Transmission Problem! !HELP!

SAL83

New Registration
Reaction score
I have the year 95 E320 Convertible (3.2cc V6-Automatic). I just bought the car 3 months ago with 131,000 miles on it. Now it has 140,000 miles and the engine is almost in great condition, no shaking or low rpm. It runs very smooth, just need new brake pads and that's it. But now I have a worse problem; the reverse transmission, from "N" to "R", or from "D" to "R" it does not matter. Somehow the clutch doesn't switch to reverse. I can switch to R gear, and the reverse lights works but it doesn't push the clutch to move the car reverse, I pushed the gas but it needs some support; such as pushing car for couple meters and when it has some help like that, the clutch switches to reverse and when I push the gas, it goes back normally. But without the help of pushing the car, it doesn't go reverse. Should I change the whole transmission or can it be fixed. I am in Washington DC, so I couldn't find anyone to help me with that. Thanx!

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Hi and welcome, first thing to check is the ATF levels , seen loads of auto box problems go away once the fluid is at the correct level. It may well be something more serious, but check that first, easiest and cheapest start

Last edited:

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
as above. check and/or change atf and filter

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom