trunk does not open automatically

kapmbsl55

Reaction score
I just brought my car back from the dealer who repaired some rust spot on the front fender and now my trunk does not open. Its a 2001 S500. I have tried the automatic button on the key and also the button on the drivers door. I can hear the motor making sound and the only way to open the trunk is by inserting the small key into the lock and pushing the trunk up with much force.

When it is up it will automatically come down if I push the red button, however it does not unlock and go up (open).

Please help.

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
Hi Kap-Sounds as if only the lock itself is sticking and needs adjusting or lubricating ?
If however they have only worked at the front -it should not have affected the rear--unless did they have to remove a wheel and go in the trunk for locking wheel nut ?
If this is the case then take it back and tell them to fix it ?
Also they should have disconnected the battery if welding was involved and disturbed something electrical--a relay maybe ?---Hope this guides you in the right direction --Teddy.

Last edited:
OP
K

kapmbsl55

Reaction score
Hi,
They said they did not do anything in rear or in the trunk and they did not disconnect the battery. They just removed the front bumper to fix the two front fenders that had a coin shaped rust.

The only way to open the trunk now is with the small key that you insert into the lock. Then when it opens manually an inch, then the power function will raise the trunk all the way and also lower it and lock it. It is just the unlocking and opening that is not working automatically, everytime I have to insert the key manually.

Top Bottom