Turbine leak

OP
F

FlavioM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R320 CDI 4Matic Lunga
Hello guys, it's been a while and I wanted to give you an update on this thread.
After this discussion I replaced the PCV valve, the red gasket seals and the seal on the crankcase. Also, the dealer gave me for free a second hand batwing, better than the one I had but still not perfect (had little cracks on the collar that joins the turbine).
To be honest, up until today I didn't check if it still leaked. However, today I serviced the car and I had to remove the batwing. I was surprised to realise that there is still quite a bit of oil in between the turbine and the batwing, which drips below...
Should I consider it as normal? Other suggestions?

Doug1234

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 w210 e300td
Yes I consider it normal even with all new parts fitted .. this is because it takes a second or so for the turbo pulling air from air filter and subsequent vacuum build up needed to be achieved to close the diaphragm in the breather puk so some oil vapour over course of say six months will eventually get pulled through.

Get a new breather puk and block one end with your thumb and suck on the other and it takes a fair bit before it closes shut so
revving engine closes it …and then I presume when you let off throttle the puk opens and fumes can roll on through to turbo.

OP
F

FlavioM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R320 CDI 4Matic Lunga
Ok. The problem Is that the oil eventually comes out from the joint between turbine and batwing, and makes everyrhing messy underneath

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom