Turning MB rotors - any issues?

pmay805

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E500 2003 / Acura RL 2003
My dealer indicated that they do not turn MB rotors for my E500...I would need to buy new ones. If there is sufficient width why would this be a problem?

I've been told that even new rotors sometimes are slightly warped and need turning.

Also, what are EBC pads...who makes them....where can I find them....I'm in the US.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
My dealer indicated that they do not turn MB rotors for my E500...I would need to buy new ones. If there is sufficient width why would this be a problem?

I've been told that even new rotors sometimes are slightly warped and need turning.

Also, what are EBC pads...who makes them....where can I find them....I'm in the US.

You could get them turned at a machine shop yourself, but depending on how much they charge, you are usually better off replacing them with new ones.

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/?gclid=CNWY4_KV9ZsCFYYU4wodiF4b_Q

Russ

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
Buy new --(if they are warped then they will be exchanged free)they should not be warped if genuine parts and stored properley.
In the 60's I used to do a good trade in turning them -but nowadays its cheaper to buy new---Standard MB pads are fine too you only need to go to the expense of EBC's if you are going racing ?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Interesting subject,,on MB disc there is only some 2.6 mm wear limit form new,this does not allow much or anything to be turned off. Some firms will not replace disc under guarantee, they of re surface to take away any warping,,this is a little expensive for the owner as much of the disc is lost, and the life shortened.

A 203007 front disc is 28mm when new and the wear limit is 26.5mm, MB say that the service limit is 26mm.

A 203007 rear disc is 10mm from new, wear limit is 8.8mm and service limit 8.3mm

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
I didn't realise discs were still skimmed as they're regarded as consumable items now but I was in our village garage the other day and the owner was proudly showing me his latest purchase - a brake disc skimmer. Mind you, he'd bought it very cheap off eBay.

djb

Reaction score
I didn't realise discs were still skimmed as they're regarded as consumable items now but I was in our village garage the other day and the owner was proudly showing me his latest purchase - a brake disc skimmer. Mind you, he'd bought it very cheap off eBay.

expect to be told (tongue in cheek)

"your discs need resurfacing" as this is a new profit centre for him!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom