Tyre bulge

barnaclebill15

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk220cdi/2006/diesel
Just decided to check the tyre pressures this morning and saw a bulge on the side of the front NS, washed the car on Saturday and it was ok then, black mark on the alloy so must have been a pot hole yesterday.
Popped down to Kwik Fit and got a new one fitted, pity as it still had good tread and I had tyre insurance from Kwik Fit but it ended on 5th Jan, was expecting to have to buy two rears soon but not a front, the joy of motoring go's on.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Just decided to check the tyre pressures this morning and saw a bulge on the side of the front NS, washed the car on Saturday and it was ok then, black mark on the alloy so must have been a pot hole yesterday.
Popped down to Kwik Fit and got a new one fitted, pity as it still had good tread and I had tyre insurance from Kwik Fit but it ended on 5th Jan, was expecting to have to buy two rears soon but not a front, the joy of motoring go's on.
Have a look at www.tyreleader and www.camskil Both do good delivered tyre prices , or use them to beat down other quotes

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this...don’t you think it’s win win for the economy and the Government the abysmal state of our road

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
Just done 2 near side tyres new 2 month old Pirelli P Zero Neros on a pot hole, bulges in both side walls.

According to Zurich insurance (Bexley Council) I have to prove neglect to make a claim,
they refuse to accept negligence on the basis they didn't know about the road condition.

That's 8 tyres in as many months 5 on the Mercedes and 3 on the Jag,
my van has had 4 punctures unrelated to road conditions but has covered 10x the mileage.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just done 2 near side tyres new 2 month old Pirelli P Zero Neros on a pot hole, bulges in both side walls.

According to Zurich insurance (Bexley Council) I have to prove neglect to make a claim,
they refuse to accept negligence on the basis they didn't know about the road condition.

That's 8 tyres in as many months 5 on the Mercedes and 3 on the Jag,
my van has had 4 punctures unrelated to road conditions but has covered 10x the mileage.
Wow that's some amount of tyres , are they large size wheels ?

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Have a look at www.tyreleader and www.camskil Both do good delivered tyre prices

Except Tyreleader are known for sending the wrong sizes or not sending any tyres at all. Trying to sort out a mess of their doing is time consuming and very frustrating, best avoided if you want an easy life or just tyres.

Russ

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Except Tyreleader are known for sending the wrong sizes or not sending any tyres at all. Trying to sort out a mess of their doing is time consuming and very frustrating, best avoided if you want an easy life or just tyres.

Russ
I think I've had about 5 no problem deliveries from Tyreleader last 2-3 years with no probs , maybe you were unlucky

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I've used them 3 times and twice they have been a nightmare to deal with. Their customer service consists of a solitary email ticket system in which you wait for days on end to get any sort of response. The last time they sent the wrong size tyre and to cap it all, they said if I still wanted the tyres I ordered, I would have to re-order them. Even getting a refund took nearly 6 weeks as they will not refund you until the tyres have arrived back at the warehouse in Germany. Still having the tracking number I found that everytime they arrived back at the warehouse, they were sent out to the UK again only for the UK courier to return them again. Such incompetence is hard to believe.

Russ

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I just use my local independant tyre bay .... he'll match or better on line prices.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom