tyre choice

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Just put a set of Michelin Primacy on my Outback on wider alloys and even allowing for the fact I'm a Michelin fan the quietness of the ride is amazing. If the noise is your worst worry the Primacy's will please you.

Yes that is an Eco tyre,,it uses energy to make a noise, so it should have a good life too

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Thought I'd add to this thread for member info on tyres.

I've changed the front tyres on my E320CDi X plate today, Goodyear NCT5 which have given 35K miles. I have been impressed overall with the NCTs, they have given good mileage (only changed due to outer edge wear due to cornering forces), quiet and provide good grip and very positive steering. All things consdered I would recommend the tyre. I would add that the tyre would have gone on for at least another 5K but I changed them due to not wanting to see the cord appear on the outer edge.

I've replaced them with Pirelli P6000s, so will provide feedback on these in due course. I always run Michelin Primacy on the back with excellent results.

Probably worth running a sticky on tyres so that people can feedback with their results

markg14

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class Sport C220 CDI 2007
I have just read this with interest.....I have had Mercedes C-Class for the last 9 years, and have tried just about every brand going.

Always been put off by Michelin, mainly because of the price.

I can recommend the latest offering from Falken (ZIEX 912). My local tyre dealer does these for around £80 a corner, compared to Contis (£110) and Michelin (£130).

Excellent tyre (costing much less than Michelin). They are good for 20,000 miles minimum (admittedly a lot of this was on motorways), but seem to be good on both wear and grip in all weather conditions.

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thought I'd add to this thread for member info on tyres.

Probably worth running a sticky on tyres so that people can feedback with their results

Not easy to do owing to the way different people drive and the different suspension set ups. It is the same for brakes,some get 20k out of them and others 50k on the same car

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
I have just read this with interest.....I have had Mercedes C-Class for the last 9 years, and have tried just about every brand going.

I can recommend the latest offering from Falken (ZIEX 912). My local tyre dealer does these for around £80 a corner, compared to Contis (£110) and Michelin (£130).

Excellent tyre (costing much less than Michelin). They are good for 20,000 miles minimum (admittedly a lot of this was on motorways), but seem to be good on both wear and grip in all weather conditions.

what size are the tyres on your c class? dad has michelins on his w203 c class, 195/65x15 and he paid £75 per corner for the last ones:cool::cool:

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
A bit expensive ... you can get quality tyres for that money on a 16" set of boots

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
my 17" boots for the Jag are around the same price (235 50 17)

pomm001

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 R231 A clas W169

I had some other than good experience with Falken.
My Michelins needed replacement, my tyre shop offered the Flaken, great tyre, good price,higher rated than the standard tyre, but car felt awful, the whole suspension beacame hard and twitchy.Long story short after many visis, swapping wheels around, re balancing , the tyre shop, bless them replaced them with Michelin primacy and normal comfy quiet service was resumed. With hindsight if you want comfort you need a softwall tyre, compare the Michelin and the Falkens, the Falken sidewall is very stiff.
Other makes may be OK too
But remember that the tyre is part of the suspension system,stiffen them up and more energy gets transmitted into vehicle

survey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C207 E250cdi Sport Coupe
Just been to my tyre dealer. My car has 225x50xR16 Bridgestone Turanza. dealer says these are premium tyres, but ny wear has been bad. He says either keep with these or go for Michelin Primacy - £120 a corner. Much better life and similar other characteristics.

A

Angri

Having this weekend bought a '51 plate' CLK 320 that is in need of new tyres - - I'm looking at all the options and as much info as I can garner - - I am currently considering Michelin PRIMACY HP (Mercedes) from Black Circles

Their price for these tyres delivered & fitted locally for 205/55 R16 W (91)

is £86.64 each . . . .

In your experience - - is this a reasonably good price chaps?

Last edited by a moderator:

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom