Tyre recommendations ? 235/45/17

stivesvelo

Reaction score
Website
www.orientalexpression.co.uk
Your Mercedes
S210 E320 cdi estate
Hi,

Mot due at the end of the month & the back tyres on my 210 series estate (2002) are due for a change.

Currently have Continental sportcontacts on the back which need replacing, on the front I have some Klebers which were more precise when switched from the back at the last service & reduced the road noise (the Contis were very harsh). They seem to be wearing ok & were a good price this time last year but am quoted £99.99 each fitted etc. incl vat.

I drive up & down the A14 at moderate speeds, approx 18kmls a year.

Any good deals out there or recommendations??

tia
Rob

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I would do a search Rob to see what prices come up,just put the size in the search bar

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
As Malcolm says - do a trawl.
Mytyres, blackcircle to name but 2. Prices can vary wildly depending on who got a job lot of what at the moment you search.
Kwikfit can be reasonable if you're buying 4 online.
I'm not aware of any brands to avoid though obviously if something is a lot cheaper, then approach with suspicion. I found Khumos to be gentler than contis and bridgestones but its a subjective view and the jury is still out on lifespan.

Lots of very good reviews online to guide you. E.g. Federals are generally reviewed as grippy, good value but a bit noisy - something i found to be pretty accurate.
When I trawled round for tyres on the Landrover I looked at more and more expensive ones and could only find bad reviews. So I went cheaper and found some better reviews (odd I know). So bought the best of the cheaper ones instead and I must admit they're pretty good.:)

Last edited:

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom